Monday, March 21, 2016

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

I got an iced coffee on Friday with Steph.  It was a good chance to chat to Steph about work things.


Colonial - good iced coffee
I rode home after the company meeting and Toby and I relaxed for the evening.  Yay.

In the morning, Toby came into my room and we sat there, reading and watching videos on You Tube for a bit.  I was expecting the bedroom furniture to be delivered at 10am, but it arrived at 9am.  Toby and I leapt out of bed and the delivery guys took over.  They were in and out within 25 minutes.


Bedroom looks great!


I hauled the mattress back into the bedroom after cleaning things up and the room looks good now!  I went out grocery shopping and we had a lovely dinner of pan fried fish.  Toby scoffed it all down.

I made the mistake of buying the Lewis Road iced coffee from the supermarket and just having a small sip before tea.  That turned into a glass, and before I knew it, I had finished the entire bottle.  It did mean I was awake until 1am.  Reading.  But I'll let Mike know I was pining for him.

Fish for tea

Sunday I got up early for my run.  I took a new route along Mairangi and up Cecil and down Euston.  Hills are great!

Ange collected me for an archery session.  It was my first time shooting at 30m.  I did ok. Not quite as precise as at 20m.  And still not accurate.  But I never missed the target.


Back home and Toby and I played with the bed base for a bit.  When I say played, I mean we moved it up and down the stairwell a couple of times before we realised it was never going to get into the spare room like that.  So we had to take it back up, out the front door and around the side of the house.  Phew!  Awesome effort, Toby!

From there, we ducked out of the house to visit Josh and the boys.  Hamburger time!  Mmmmm.  And for dessert the boys made Tim Tam milkshakes.  Toby was pretty happy about that.


Tim Tam milkshakes
 Back home as my late night the night before had caught up on me.  I was completely yawning.  Collapsed into bed and slept really well.

Mike gets home tonight.  Yay!!

Have a wonderful week ahead.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment