Friday, November 18, 2016

The Thursday back at home

Hi,

Well, we all got told to work from home for the rest of the week while they double check the building.  A few buildings in the CBD have had subsequent checks and have been deemed unsafe.  So I think we're just being cautious.  The building is fine, I'm sure.  But let's see what they say.

It was a good day to stay home as there was a strong southerly storm change around mid morning.  Made for some excitement on the weather front.

I don't recall feeling any aftershocks yesterday.  I did go around to see Ange for a cup of tea between meetings.  She is good but much happier riding out aftershocks at home.  Office buildings give her the creeps in quakes.  Fair enough.

I did get a bit of work done, which was good.  And cooked tea for the boys.  Lamb.  Mmmm.

Lamb and potato smash - with salad
For some reason I had less sleep than preferred.  Maybe I need to read less.  Maybe Mike needs to read less of the entire Internet!

But, at home again today.  Toby has his last exams today.  He seems happy with the ones he did yesterday.  I hope he can say the same when he gets home today.

It's the weekend!  Almost.  Yay!  Off to Palmerston North tomorrow morning to see Iona's exhibition with Sally and Andrew.  And back home to see Emerson and Duncan who will come for a sleepover while Josh is otherwise occupied with Scout stuff.  Choice!  And I hope to get a bike ride in of about 50kmn as I taper for the following weekend's race around Taupo.  Oosshhh!

Have a great weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment