Friday, November 4, 2016

The Thursday with an awesome evening bike ride

Hi,

Every Thursday I wear my purple shirt.  For "Purple shirt Thursday".  Because it is a thing.  Anyway, yesterday our entire pod had everyone wearing a shade of purple.  Woot!

Purple shirt Thursday is a thing!


I met James after work at the train station and we rode from there, up Ngauranga Gorge, then up through Newlands to Woodridge.  Took a look at the new houses being built before coming down the gorge (ok, I made James go really slow there!) and back up SH2.

We went along the esplanade, through some backblocks behind Seaview and up Wainuiomata Hill.  It nearly killed me.  My legs were feeling very jelly-like by the time we got to the top.  The ride down into Waianuiomata and back up was pretty good though.  The road down into the Hutt was better than I expected too.

I went to Sally and Andrew's house and almost accidentally spoke to Sally in China (she's attending a conference there this week) before I hung up when I remembered.  Andrew got home and we had a cup of tea before Mike drove out to collect me.

Mike is off to Ruapehu this weekend.  Should be fun for him.  Toby has a movie date.  I have a bike ride planned.  Busy weekend.

Hope your weekend is loads of fun, like ours sounds.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment