Monday, November 21, 2016

The weekend with an exhibition

Hi,

Well, after an odd week, the weekend was surprisingly normal really.  The boys got home on Friday and Toby heard he got 86% in his science exam the day before (Thurs).  He thought his Maths exam was the hardest, but he hopes he did ok.  I was very proud of his science achievement.

I got up super early on Saturday and headed out to collect Andrew from his place in the wee green car.  I took a photo of the stick insect on the garage first though.  And for some reason I couldn't unlock the car so I made poor Mike get out of bed and it unlocked immediately for him.  Andrew and I headed up to Palmerston North, checking out slips along the way (a fair bit - we could see where slips closed SH1).  Met Iona and Col at Moxies on George St and enjoyed a lovely brekkie there.

Moxies iced cofee

From there we wandered around to the gallery where Iona's weaving Masters course were exhibiting their graded items.  Wow!  Iona is very talented and her classmates are as well.  The ideas collated over the years of the course and executed so well were amazing to see.  And this is from me, who knows nothing about weaving techniques but can appreciate art and effort and creativity.

Back to Iona and Col's place for lunch and the cousins arrived from Chch and Wellington to also see the exhibition.  Liz, Rowena and Alison.  So it was a marvellous catch up time for lunch for all the cousins.  And me and Col.  Hahah.

Stick insect on the garage


Andrew and I left when Iona took her second entourage through the exhibition.  It was a lovely drive back and I was home to see Mike before too long.

Emerson and Duncan were visiting for a sleepover so it was nice to see them after not seeing them for a wee while.  To say I saw them might be pushing the boundaries of the sentiment there.  They enjoyed the computer time and Toby's company more than mine.  But when food was presented, I did get to see them.

A lazy day Sunday where Mike and I watched a television series - very unusual for us.  Gorgeous day it was too.  Tried to clear the garage - put it off for a few weeks,

Right.  We're back at work now and although our building is in the news a lot, it is just cosmetic damage and the building is fine!

Enjoy your week.  I have a short week - Friday off to head to Taupo for the big race.  So excited I can barely sleep.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment