Monday, November 7, 2016

The weekend with a long bike ride for me, movies for Toby and tramping for Mike

Hi,

After a tough week, it was good to head home.  I dropped Mike off at the ferry terminal where the WTMC tramping club vans are stored - he had a long drive ahead of him up to Ruapehu.  It sounds like he had a great weekend up there at the lodge with a group from WTMC. The weather was pretty changeable and he even thinks he woke up with the aftermath of a migraine on Sunday morning, but they got some good walks in and found some sun in between the showers if the photos are anything to go by.

Anyway, I collected burgers for Toby and I after dropping Mike off.  We relaxed and didn't do very much for the evening.

I like this Mojo iced latte


A fairly lazy start to the Saturday.  We read and watched videos until Toby had to go out to meet Tessa and see Dr Strange.  I went grocery shopping after dropping him off in town.

Toby rang me when the movie was finished and I collected him from town.  Town was pumping because of the Guy Fawkes display at 9pm but we went home.  Toby contented himself with watching the neighbours displays from the lounge with Smudge.

I tried to get to sleep early, but fireworks kept jolting me awake.  Had a restless sleep and woke well before my 5am alarm.  Got up and tried my pre Taupo breakfast.  I ate Weetbix and an omelette.  It seemed to work ok.

I left home at 6am and drove to Sally and Andrew's house.  Hopped on my bike and headed to James'  house to collect him.  Then we went down to Ngauranga, up there, into Jville, through Tawa, meandered through Porirua, Aotea, Whitby and over Haywards.


Our ride
Then we headed up SH2 to Whitemans Valley.  I eventually found Blue Mountain Road and we headed up there.  But three quarters the way up a cycling race came up.  A motorbike rider said we were about to get swamped.

So we cut our losses and headed back down the hill.  Yeah - there were a lot of riders coming up.  But I think we would have been fine!

Anyway, we headed back and I got a cup of tea at James' house.  Chatted to Celia and the girls.  Met the dog and cat too!

Then I went to get changed at Sally and Andrew's house.  They weren't home so I changed on their front porch behind their bush!  But as I left to take my bike to Gary's for a service, they arrived!  So I dropped my bike off and came back for a nice cuppa.

Headed off to Queensgate to get presents for a colleague whose wife just had their second baby and then came home.  Left again just before Mike got home to visit Helen and Ron for tea.  Had a great catch up with everyone.

And a great ride in this morning on dry roads!  Woot!

Have a great week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment