Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The startling Monday

It wasn't really a startling Monday. But that was the first word that came into my head so I ran with it.

So how was our Angela-less day? It wasn't quite Angela-less for me as I got a sleepy kiss as she ran out the door to catch her plane. Tobys morning went like clockwork and he was out the door in good time. Me not so much. I was on the bus after the late bus.

It was an uneventful day and an uneventful evening with pizza for dinner. Toby has decided that burger Wisconsin has lost its mojo. Maybe he's just sick of it?

Angela tells me she had a pretty good day yesterday - caught up with Lesley and Wally over Key Lime Pie at Miss Chawdry's in the Viaduct.  (Named after a 1950's song, "Oh Lawdy Miss Chawdry" - which we think we've heard Christine exclaim before.  Well, there you go.)  Not as good for flavour as Dillingers down here, but much better because they haven't removed it from their menu.  Auckland has run out of jet fuel thanks to a digger through a pipeline, so maybe she'll need to turn up at the airport with a jerry can.


I have some work to finish so I'm on the early bus this morning. It's a stunning day today. The builder has promised us scaffolding and a porch truss. Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment