Friday, September 1, 2017

The Thursday with Mike back

Hi,

Happy birthday week in the family.  Jamie and Cameron are today and tomorrow.  And Abby isn't so wee anymore and is later this week.  Wow!

Mike is back in his rightful city - woot!  He got in fairly early - but his flight was delayed.  I did get picked up by him in his taxi on the way through town.  Toby wanted burgers for tea - I think he was sick of my home cooking.  Well, my version of Nadia's home cooking.  Hahah.  Toby likes it simpler, I think.

Trying to pretend I haven't finished the iced latte - and unsure if Saman was actually taking a photo or long video


I did get a coffee break in my day yesterday.  Chatted to Saman about some work and was so absorbed in that I forgot to get a photo taken until my iced latte was almost empty.  Hence the photo of me trying to hide  the dribble that is left in the bottom of my glass.  And my phone is so slow at the moment that Saman had no idea what was happening when looking through the camera at a largely black screen for a while.  I thought he must be videoing me - which is the reason I am sticking to when you look at the photo above and wonder why I look so weird.  It's confusion.  All round.

Anyway - got home after work (in the taxi driven by the slowest taxi driver in the known world!  We got headlights flashed at us on Mairangi Road and then overtaken!).  Still raining.  Went to bed.  Still raining.  Woke up.  Still raining.  The hillsides around Wellington are sodden and crumbling.  Landslips everywhere again.  And looking at the forecast, it is mostly rain for the next ten days.  Glad now of that 5m pile holding our deck up.

Right.  Time for lots of work!

Have a lovely weekend.  We're in Wellington, trying to recover from hectic weekends away.  Housework and a bike ride is all I am looking at.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment