Monday, September 25, 2017

The weekend in Wellington with lots of things

Hi,

The weekend was so busy.  I need a holiday.  Right.  Let's see what happened.  Friday night Mike finished off his brewing session with the bottling process.  I think.

Saturday we wandered down to the church in Wadestown to vote.  We popped into Wadestown Kitchen for brekkie but they don't do cooked breakfasts.  So we had a coffee/drink and walked back home.
Toby photo bombs my Wadestown Kitchen iced coffee after voting

Mike and I jumped in the car to get supplies for varnishing the front door.  Back to cook bacon and eggs for Toby's lunch and then start the door work.  And laundry.  Never ending laundry.








In the evening, Andrew came over to watch the election results unfold.  Later, Roger and his girlfriend also came over.  We decided the ACT MP looks just like Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

Act chap looks like Rimmer from Red Dwarf

After a few hours, the result looked fairly settled so I went to bed.  Andrew slept on the couch and our visitors left.

Next morning I was up early - and daylight savings had kicked in, so it was an hour earlier than anticipated.  I stuffed some brekkie in and headed down to the train station to meet Sreejith and James for a decent bike ride.

We left at about 9.50am and rode up SH2, in at Silverstream, and up Blue Mountain Road into Whitemans Valley.  It was the first time I had done it in that direction.  Good grunt up the hill and then a lovely ride around the quieter valley.
Iced coffee at La Cloche after the bike ride
Back into town after James peeled off at Melling.   La Cloche sucked me and Sreejith in for a coffee.  And maybe some scrumptious cakes.  Mmmmm.  Custard squares.

Mike was kind enough to come and get me and I got changed and made my own penny stove with the guys in the garage.  Andrew, Mike, Roger and Julian.  Simon from across the road also turned up to make one.



My penny stove

Garage becomes the workshop

Andrew made me a V penny stove

More laundry.  Cooked tea.  And fell into bed.  Exhausted.  Hahahah.  What a great weekend.

The weather this morning is true equinox stuff.  So windy!  Jeepers!  The hour time change is a bit of a body blow - probably due to the late night Saturday.  The recharge didn't happen like it usually does!  Or it could be the 80km bike ride.  Hahahah.

Anyway - the week should be a good one.  Enjoy yours.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment