Monday, September 11, 2017

The weekend with a few things on in Wellington

Hi,

What a weird weekend.  Mike was out Friday night brewing up a storm.  I was up early to the sound of rain and wondered if Sreejith really wanted to go for a ride in that weather.  But he was up for it and convinced me of a plan.

Spin at 8.30am and the rain will have stopped by 10am.  Sure, sure.  Anyway, I made poor Mike get out of bed as there was no way I would meet that deadline at 7.45am lying in bed without his help.  Oddly, I did get to Spin in time.  But Sreejith didn't.  Hahahah.


Island Bay looking lovely

Iced coffee Saturday




Iced coffee Sunday

I met him after it at Pandora and ate some brekkie and an iced coffee.  Then we were off.  Well, by 10.30am we were off!  Round the bays and it was actually really nice.  The weather really did co-operate.  We made good time and I convinced Sreejith to come up the hill to our house on the premise that I would drive him home after a coffee with Mike.

That worked.  :-)

Mike came with me and we got lunch for Toby on the way back.  Mike was off to a whisky session at Russell's friend's place, not far from us.  Turns out Russell's friend now lives at Louise's old house!  Funny.

Mike then convinced me to come out with his friends for dinner in town.  I cooked tea for Toby and then we both went out.  Parked on the one way system and tried to get to Mr Go's - but it was packed.  A two hour wait.  One of Mike's group rang Chow and we got a table there.  Had a great time with Mike's snow lovers group.  Janine, Momo, Michael and Melissa.  It's not often I get outgunned by "M" names!

Kotare Sunday

Look!  It's a tiny kookaburra


Sunday I was up early again but this time I put Mike out of his misery and caught a bus into town.  I met Iona at the gym and we tried for the 9.15am Spin class.  Only to find it was cancelled.  The receptionist looked at me like I had two heads when she said it was cancelled on the website and I had obviously not read it.  I did actually read the website - but only the timetable page.  Hahah.  Anyway, I asked if we could just go in and use the bikes.  And then I cheekily asked if Iona could go in for free as there was no instructor.

I got away with that!  Hahahah.  Cool!

So Iona and I hopped on two bikes and we chatted away while I put on some music.  It seemed to go ok.  I felt like I had done some exercise.

We met Col and went for brekkie - where I had iced coffee number two for the weekend.  Chatted away to Col - she is good despite the rather horrible week or two she has had.

Dropped into home for them to say hi to Mike and me to get home.  Then they were off - so good to see them.  It was this time last year (to the day) when we started our journey back to New Zealand from cycling in Japan.

I went grocery shopping in the afternoon while Mike created a website.  From scratch.  He's still got it!  As I jumped in the car, I saw a kotare in the powerlines above me.  How cool!  I love those birds.  Kingfishers.  Or a tiny kookaburra to the Australians reading this!

A watershed moment after tea.  Mike helped Toby shave.  I was too scared to watch Mike wielding a blade that close to my son.  I checked Toby afterwards and he was all in one piece.  His sideburns however looked a little ragged.  Mike should stick to websites and not take up hairdressing.

And that was the weekend!  Done!  Mike and I left home early this morning as it was a MotoGP morning - and I have yoga.

The week looms ahead.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment