Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Monday back at work

Hi,

And happy birthday to everyone born today.  Scott.  Tim.  Richard.  Seems today is the day to have a February child - I think it's the day I know of with the most people born on it.

The day went so fast yesterday - although in saying that, when I woke this morning, I had this moment where I was sure I had already been at work for a few days and it must be Wednesday already.  No such luck there.

Anyway, I managed to get to yoga and spin yesterday, so at least the physical part of my day went well.  Hahah.

I got home and sorted out tea for me and Toby (and saved a meal for Mike).  Mike's trip to Auckland was curtailed by the expected bad weather.  The storm from Cyclone Gita is expected to hit Wellington around the same time as his flight was originally due (1800, Tuesday evening).  Gita has done something good for me - it got my husband back early from a business trip.  No complaints there.  :-)

In fact, Sally and Andrew picked Mike up from the airport and delivered him and our frozen goods (we had stored them there while our fridge was out on the deck) after tea.  And we celebrated with birthday chocolate and discussing what we should do this coming weekend for fun.

They admired our shiny floorboards.  We will be busy sorting things out for a while yet though.  Our bedroom is still full of stuff from the lounge although the pathway to the bed is much wider now. 

I hope this storm does nothing.  The media are calling it and telling us to batten down the hatches.  I hope the people deluged by the recent storms escape this.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment