Friday, February 2, 2018

The Thursday with Mike back and no dragon boat training

Hi,

Bedlam is the best description of yesterday.  Weather, work, me - you name it - yesterday bedlam described it.

Iced latte with Steph
But I did get a coffee catch up with Steph and the first photo taken on my new phone was appropriately enough one of me drinking an iced latte at Machete.  Mmmmm.

That was the one bit of the day that wasn't bedlam - I got back to my desk and the cra cra happened.  The weather was amazing until midday - I was reading to talking to people elsewhere and they were saying the weather was mad.  Then - boom!  It hit here too.  Horizontal rain.  Strong winds.  But still warm. 

The galeforce winds whipped everything into a frenzy and midway through the afternoon they cancelled our dragon boat training.  Very wise.

Mike's flight from Auckland to Wellington was delayed due to the weather and I ended up negotiating snarled traffic to just head home and get Toby some tea.  Mike eventually got home after a 1.5 hour delay.  So happy to have him back home.

We have a new vanity in the bathroom.  It's still a work in progress - but we are very happy with it.  Well, Mike is very happy with it.  It isn't where we wanted it - but Mike has decided it is better there.  And frankly, I would hate for the builders to have to move it.  I may stop rolling my eyes soon every time I see it.  :-p

New vanity - very nice


Mike thinks the builders only have a few more days of effort.  So... what?  Finished by April then?  Well, surprise!  The landscapers are starting next week so they better be finished soon.  Otherwise our house will resemble more chaos than we ever anticipated.

The builders need to learn:  Slow is smooth; smooth is fast.

All they understand is:  slow.      And it is neither smooth nor fast.

Anyway, I am ready for my big adventure this long weekend with Sally and Andrew.  Mike and Toby have plans at home.  I have Monday and Tuesday off (Tuesday is Waitangi Day).  Bike riding and exploring Napier.  Woot!  The weather craziness should in theory have dissipated and leave behind a soothing southerly to gently blow me towards Napier.

I can only dream.

Have a brilliant day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment