Thursday, February 15, 2018

The Wednesday with my Valentine

Hi,

Hahahah - we don't do anything for Valentines Day as a rule.  But at 10am Mike sent me an email saying we actually can't walk on our floors until Friday.  And...  no access to our bedroom, or clothes etc.  And if I need to, I can buy clothes to get me by.

Mmmm, Machete and their iced lattes.  This one was with Tyrone

I like Tyrone's approach to taking my iced coffee photos.  He knows to take loads and I chose which one to put up here.  I didn't select the ones where I was talking to him, and looked like I was contorting my face.  Hahah.  We had a good catch up on the trials and tribulations of our working life.  He taught me life skills too.  Always an added bonus when a work meeting teaches you about life.  I must look up that psychologist study he mentioned.  Someone and Duggan.  Or something.  About how you can't assume others think like you.  Well, that is how I interpreted Tyrone's explanation.  That might be inception, if Tyrone has no idea how my brain works.



User group
Had the user group on yesterday - first one in the lunch time slot.  Seemed successful.

Where's the tree gone?

Builders have made progress

I am astonished


Victor said I should totally go shopping and meet Mike with 15 shopping bags under my arms.  Yep - I should have tried that.  Hahahah.

I had to buy 5 tarps for the stuff on the deck as rain is expected overnight - just a little.  So I walked to Bunnings on Tory St.  As I went to the checkout with all my tarps, the checkout woman asked if I had 5, as she scanned one.  I said yes, but they are different sizes.  She thanked me for telling her and I paid.  She asked if I wanted a box for them.  Odd.  I asked if they had a bag.  She said they charge for bags but I could have a box.  I said that was fine, I'd just carry them.  So she said:  Happy covering things.

And I laughed as I walked out.  She was funny.

Anyway, I went to Spin after work and then met Mike and Toby at 6.30pm.  Toby had eaten so he was heading home and letting us have a romantic dinner together.  But I had my gym gear on - so options were limited.  We went to Kilm, the Turkish place opposite Andrew's work and had a cheap and cheerful meal together.

Got home and helped the boys with the tarps.  Toby climbed up onto the deck like it was monkey bars.  Mike's mouth dropped open and he continued with the ladder approach.  They got everything wrapped in plastic (that was for you, Mum!) and then we fell into bed.

Mike and I shared the single bed.  And it was so hot, we only had a sheet all night.  We had to roll over in unison.  One more night and we can get back to our bed.  Friday night.  Woot!

Rode into work this morning and did a Spin class.  Bumped into several women from work in the bathroom and we chatted as we got ready.  They have all heard my music and singing in the shower in previous weeks.  Oops.  They laughed - but totally said they didn't judge.  Even though one asked if it was me playing Taylor Swift a week or so back.  Ummmm.  Yep.

Dragon boat training tonight.  Last one before the fun race day on Saturday.  Ooossshhh.

Have a great day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment