Monday, February 12, 2018

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

We had a weekend in Wellington, doing a lot of prep ahead of the floor sanding operation Tues/Wed/Thurs this week.  It looks like Monday evening in our house will be flat out doing the last minute things we never got done over the weekend.

Very unusual warm, muggy, still weather


Saturday we were up fairly early in an endeavour to get to the gym - but it never happened.  One thing or another meant we just got stuck into tasks. 


Moved the bed!

One of the tasks was to move our bed to the corner and make room for dining room and lounge furniture.   As we pushed the bed to the side, we found a lot of Mike's shoes.  Hahahah.


Sunset looking mighty fine

At least the weather looked good in the evening.  But it did lead to rain.  Sunday was wet all day.  I did take our frozen things to Sally's place and she cleared a space in her chest freezer to store them.  Our fridge/freezer is going on the deck on Monday night.  Hmmm.

I then dropped the car off to get its air con pump fixed at Auto World.  Very impressed they are fixing it for us as it is out of warranty.  I walked from there in such muggy conditions to Petone train station.  The station was closed so I couldn't buy a ticket, but Mike reassured me over text that the conductor has eftpos and I could buy one on the train.

Ummmm.  No.  No eftpos.  The conductor looked at me, obviously trying to take my measure.  Was I trying to scam the system?  She said I could follow her to the main ticket booth at the central train station and buy one there.  Which I did.  I found her after the ride and we walked to the ticket booth.

Which was shut.  So she said I got a free ride.  Ok.  Seems weird to me.  Surely they need a way to easily sell tickets.  I have a Snapper!  Just no cash.  At all.  Ok - I might have had ten cents at the bottom of my handbaglet.

Landscapers are going great guns


The landscapers did more work on Friday and we have a big work in progress in the front year.  Woot!


Mike hard at work

Mike took up the old lino in the old toilet (it has been a linen/junk cupboard for us for ages now) and he and I spent a few hours taking up every nail in there.  Of which, just let me say, there were a lot!

Friday Ti Kouka iced coffee - pretty good

Got an iced coffee on Friday with Mary, Dave and Anjali - to celebrate recent birthdays.  Woot!


In my left hand is a Lebanese cucumber - with a banana for scale in my right hand


And my pics are backwards in time.  But Maryanne's cucumber from her garden was an amazing size - and she said she brought me a little one.  I tried it over the weekend and it tasted good.

Sunday saw Mike have a lot of his friends over for a BBQ - in the rain.  But it went well.  They stayed for ages - I think most only left at 9pm.  And it started at 1.30pm.  They must have all been in the mood.

Anyway, that was that.  Busy evening on the cards to get the tasks done we missed.  Moving furniture into our room and onto the deck.

And it's birthday week!  Ooossshhh!

Have a great week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment