Monday, February 19, 2018

The weekend with my birthday and dragon boat racing

Hi,

What a great birthday weekend - how cool to celebrate it with dragon boat fun day.   Friday was a whirlwind of packing for the big race day - and getting the furniture from the deck back in the house.  We did it!  Phew!




Cat spies me taking a photo and moves


Iced latte at Machete - courtesy of Jeff this time

The house looks amazing with the newly polished floorboards.  Maybe in a week or two when the trauma has worn off I may consider it all money well spent.


Cat and Toby

Saturday I woke up to a happy birthday kiss from Mike.  :-)  And then it was a crazy rush to get ready in time for dragon boating.  Mike made me scrambled eggs for brekkie.  Food of champions, obviously.

Yeah, I dunno what I am doing in this pic either.  I look astonished that Serge is taking my photo

The day was warm, but cloudy in the morning and quite windy, with a strong nor'easter.  We Ubered into my work so I could get my cap, but as I ran into the office and rummaged through my locker, I realised it was at home.  But Mike saved the day and after his gym session, he bought me a replacement.

Celia bought me a present - shucks.  I have wee lenses to put over my phone to make special effects.  Just wait till you see that in use with the iced coffee pics.


Warm day for the racing on my birthday - it didn't rain!

Poser with a paddle

The womens race - we paired with Y12 students from Wellington East Girls College

We had a great fun race day.  We came second in our first race, first in our second race and first all women boat over the line in our womens race.  We totally count that as a win.

The day was organised initially, but the wind played havoc with the schedule and by the end of the day, it was chaos.  They cancelled the Round the Fountain race - very sensible.

As I came back from one of the races, with Mike and Toby, I stepped into our tent and everyone sang Happy Birthday.  We ate yummy chocolate cake that Mike got.

After the racing, we showered at work and met at the Fork and Brewer for a catch up.  Then Mike took me away for a movie for my birthday.  The greatest showman.  It was good.  However, I was so tired from the day that we went home after that instead of going out for tea.

Sunday I slept in.  Mmmmm.  Bliss.  Mike brought me toast and tea in bed.  Heaven.  We pottered around doing a few things.  I had to go into town to get my wet gear and bring it back.  Mike rigged up the washing machine so I could at least get some washing done.  Hahah.  The builders might find some damp spots outside in the clay.

Mike is off to Auckland today and tomorrow.  And again the following week.  We're expected to get the dregs of a cyclone hitting us late tomorrow so I hope his flight gets in ok.

What a fantastic weekend.  Time to kick start the working week though.  Thanks for all the birthday wishes.  I love birthdays - and especially mine.  :-)

Have a wonderful week ahead.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment