Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Tuesday with a Kapiti evening adventure

Hi,

Oh - I can't believe I didn't take a single photo yesterday.

Work was work.

But Mike had a Gilbert plan to execute in the evening.  He had bought a weed eater on Trademe, and only after shelling out the cash did he check where he had to go to pick it up - turns out it was out in Kapiti, a longish drive up the coast. Toby was keen for the drive and I was happy to go out for dinner up there so we turned it into an adventure.

I met Toby after work, and we walked up to the car.  Met Mike there and then joined the stationary traffic on SH1 out of town.  Well, we decided to hare off through Wadestown and Johnsonville and avoid the jam.  We all decided to stop at Countdown at Crofton Downs and Toby got 3 cans of V.

We are all as bad as each other.

We drank V, and Toby played random requests as we drove to Nikau Valley just outside of Paraparaumu.  Mike picked up his mighty fine weedeater and we continued to The Front Room at Waikanae.  Only to find they were shut.  So we went to Long Beach, a really nice pub next door on the corner.

So, so nice.  I ate some sweet corn starter, grilled with miso powder.  Yum!  And cheesey chilli fries.  Which, really, I should have avoided.  My main was a good papardelle pesto with asparagus (yum!) and green beans (yuck) and snow peas (yum!).

Mike thought evidence of my reluctant vegetarianism was hilarious.

Toby had the steak (which he wasn't overly enamoured with), Mike had the venison.  It all looked good.  And good service.

Drove back, with more raucous requests - this time with Mike DJ-ing.  Mike picked up Jase from work and they all chatted.  Jase sounds like he might be settling on Vic next year!  Woot!  Let's see what happens.

Drove in this morning as Mike needs the car after work.  I went to early Spin.  And it is run day.  I hope my body holds up.

Hope your day is superb.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment