Monday, July 15, 2019

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

What a weekend.  Two Spin classes.  Horrible weather.  Horrible sports results (for me).

But - it started well.  Met Sally and Andrew after work at Amador (with Steph and Bronwyn) and on their advice Sally, Andrew, Mike and I all went to Highwater.  What a great suggestion.

Had such a good meal.

Drove Sally and Andrew home (subjecting them to Mike's music) and then home to bed.  Saturday saw me up early for Spin.  But as I drove in for that, Mike texted he got a migraine.

:-(

Got through laundry once I was back home.  Mike slept most of the day.

Manic Friday iced latte

Iced latte

Iced latte

Snort!

Sunday - the weather was awful.  I drove in for Spin and texted my manager's manager to see if I could use his car park.  He said yes, and I avoided $12 and getting soaked.  Win!

The bike ride was postponed.  :-(

Monday morning iced latte

Okay then

Monday morning saw me slightly upset at the sporting results.  Cricket?  Don't talk to me about cricket.  Hate cricket.

Sigh.

NZ Black Caps tied with England in the World Cup final.  Went to Super Over.  And we tied that too. Which meant that NZ lost on countback of number of boundaries during the game.

Stupid cricket.

Meanwhile, at the exact same time, Federer lost in a tie breaker in the Wimbledon's singles final to Djokovic.

Double sigh.

Come on Silver Ferns (in the Netball World Cup).  And All Blacks in the coming Rugby World Cup.  We need some redemption.

And this morning the Black Ferns play.  Maybe that will cheer me up?

Phew.

Enjoy your week.

Toby is in Alexandra and enjoying himself with Tessa and her family.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment