Monday, July 1, 2019

The weekend in Wellington for me and Ruapehu for Mike

Hi,

Had a sad Thursday with Rex's last day at work.  I know I will see him, but it won't be the same.  Thank you for all the friendship at work.

Thursday iced coffee date with Rex and Jo - goodbye Rex


Friday was crazy - but I did get away with Joycie to enjoy Machete.  Mmmmm. 

Crazy Dutch angles from Joycie on Friday!  While I read her phone.

 And then I met Carl, finally.  He is over for work from Melbourne and I love to catch up with him.  Check in on how his life is tracking.

Ok - I miss him too.  :-)

Everyone should just come back.

Iced coffee with Carl!

Cheers Carl!

Saturday saw me up early to head out on a bike ride with Andrew.  It had been a while since we had been on bikes together.  It was windy!  Hahahah.

Andrew collected me at 9am from home in the silver bullet and we headed over the hill to Featherston.  Yep - windy there too.

Started around 10.15/10.30am.  Headed south down the road towards the beach.  The side wind was fierce and at one stage I did end up on the shoulder.  Oops.  Stayed upright.  All good.

Hey Jo - look what I have!  Bike ride with Andrew


We stopped at a weir and checked it out.  I had a Time Out just for Jo.  But after 5 or 10 mins poking around there, we hopped on our bikes again, only for Andrew to get a puncture straight away.

I guess it took about 25 mins out of our ride.  It was an old tube - and the tyres are a bit flaky too.  But it held up for the remainder of the ride.  Except his left hand gear shifter exploded and meant he was stuck in one cog at the front.

Excitement.
Heart rate around Lake Wairarapa

Got back to Featherston - I guessed about 65km.  So quite relaxed, really.  We went to the Everest bakery cafe.  The iced coffee was ok.  Andrew wasn't overly impressed.  But I drank mine without any issues around taste.  Hahahah.  6/10 maybe?

The cauliflower pizza was "cauliflowery".  Yep - tasted like cauli.  Andrew's roasted mushrooms were way better.

What are you actually doing with my phone?  Is it on selfie mode?

Ok - let me try and pose

Nope - just manic.

Feet at the cafe

Got back to Whites Line and chatted to Sally while Andrew got ready for his social evening.  Then he dropped me home where I showed him the earthworks.

Awesome earthworks by Allworks!  Back yard is looking good.

Next day was lazy.  Laundry.  Toby had mates around.  Mike got home around 5.30pm and we headed out to watch the Matariki fireworks.

Matariki fireworks.  From Wadestown hill.

Slept like the dead.  Seriously.

Hope your week is a good one.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment