Wednesday, August 26, 2020

The Tuesday with a bit of this and a bit of that

 Hi,

Happy birthday to Jase today.  He's 21 years old today.  And in lockdown in Auckland.  So we are wishing him a lovely day - but he's in his family bubble for a bit longer yet.  We're thinking of him.

Tuesday morning Wellington gorgeousness

Yesterday saw me catch up with Andrew and try a new morning cafe.  Nikau - in the civic square.  And I have to say, I quite like their coffee.  No sugar (Andrew forgot), but it didn't need any.  High marks for that.

Tuesday morning Nikau cafe with Andrew.

My work had a new pie to try for lunch.  And it was good.  Anything with cheese sauce is good though.  Am I right?

:-D

New pie to try - cauli gratin.  It was good!

Went for a walk with Chris at lunch and convinced him to indulge in an iced coffee.  Karaka cafe at Wharewaka served up an expensive ($18 for two - I was like:  what on earth??) take on iced coffee.  It was good.  And if a dessert is what you were after, the full Whitakkers Sante bar in it was the bomb!

Walk with Chris - Karaka cafe - such an amazing iced coffee with a complete chocolate bar in it!

I look pretty happy with it.

Met up with Andrew after work too.  Shared some chips at Hudson and we watched fire engines screaming down Victoria St.  Turns out an historic house was on fire in Abel Smith St.  Walked with Andrew to the station, had messages to collect bean sprouts from the New World Metro (huh?  Okay).  Then I caught the 14 home.  With my face mask on.

And I reckon close to 50% of the bus punters had a mask on.

In the bus

Got home and Mike and Toby were chatting away over dinner.  Smudge was causing me concern by her hunting under the sideboard.  Moxley was very interested in what she was doing (she was on Mike's knee).  I convinced him to let Moxley assist Smudge.  Toby said Moxley would jump on Smudge and chase her away.

Toby was right.

Moxley jumped on Smudge, Smudge fled and Moxkey then checked under the sideboard.  She couldn't see those same ghost mice though.

Smudge hunts under the sideboard

I don't really want to know what she sees. Toby says ghost mice.

I was asleep while the boys were still chatting away.  Slept well.  Up for home made iced latte.

Wednesday morning home made

Thinking of Ron B today too.  He and Jase share a birthday.  

Wednesday is slightly overcast and a little windy.  And chilly.  But no rain.  Let's see what the day brings.  Lunch with Roanne and Ange.  I will drive down and collect them.

:-)

Tyler's school is closed due to possible covid.  If it is positive, they have to isolate for 14 days.  And that will run into Abby's birthday in Sept.  Let's hope it isn't covid.


Love,

Angela


Contact register:

Tues Aug 25

Angela Nikau in the morning

Angela lunch @ work

Angela walk with Chris

Angela Karaka Cafe ~ 12.30pm

Angela and Andrew Hudson ~ 5.30pm - 6.45pm.  (Okay - no clue - but I used the covid app)

Angela & Andrew at train station New World ~ 7pm.

Angela on 14 bus ~ 7.15pm

Toby school on 14 bus

Mike didn't leave the house, again.


No comments:

Post a Comment