Monday, August 17, 2020

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,


We are still in level 2 lockdown outside of Auckland.  We are monitoring our activity closely though.  When Dr Ashley read out all the places the covid positive people visited for their weekend away, the entire country realised if their list got read out, it better be an exiting yet thorough list.


Smudge claiming pole position

Moxley loves her new toy

I stayed home on Saturday to reduce any chances of picking up anything or spreading anything.  We are all well though.    Mike was still recovering from his migraine on Friday.

Saturday night we all watched Tongan Ninja.  That is 90 minutes of my life that has gone down the gurgler and I can never retrieve.



The set after my PB - 40kg in bench.  Oosshh!

Sunday saw us off to the gym after lunch - all the morning slots were booked (level 2 you need to book a time to come in).

But we came in and the bench press was free - so we did that together.  I got a PB (okay, one rep - the second effort was a dud) of 40kg.  Mike did 60kg without a bother (one set of 3 reps).  But 62.5kg was too much.  And then he had put so much effort into that, that 50kg was too hard too.

Lifting weights is an interesting exercise.


We went to Mitre10 Mega and Hutt Rd Z station.  And then dropped in to see Sally and Andrew.  Sally was flat out at work.  :-(

Back home and Mike and Toby headed out to see Alien at Roxy.

Moxley explores a new cupboard

I was so cold from wandering around in my gym gear that I decided on a bath.  When I opened the cupboard downstairs to hunt for bubbles for the bath, Moxley explored the new cupboard I had opened for her enjoyment.

She is so cute.

Anyway - the bath was great.  I got toasty pie warm.  Snuggled into bed and was well asleep by the time the boys got home.

Apparently Mike was very jumpy while watching it, and Toby reckons he should hire himself out as a moviegoer for horror films in general because sitting next to him enhances any horror film experience.

Toby is chill with horror happening on the big screen in front of him, but having the person next to him leap and gasp at every on-screen shock was totally making him jumpy.

Hahahaha!.  Welcome to my movie-going life for the past 27 years, Toby.  Remember that scene in Jurassic Park, Mike?


Monday morning and you cannot get a better day in the best wee capital city in the world


And today - Monday - you cannot get a better day anywhere in the world.  Except Dunedin.  Oh wait - I did love days like this in Melbourne too.  And London.


Okay - let me rephrase that.  Dunedin mornings where there has been a frost, and it is still and crisp, have conditioned me to enjoy mornings like that anywhere in the world.

Have a brilliant week.  Wash your hands.  All the time.  Well, not ALL the time.  But a lot of the time.


Love,

Angela



Contact register:

Saturday - I think Mike went to New World Thorndon for a quick visit.  Afternoon, maybe?  It will be on his app.

Tessa visited us Saturday.  Went home Sunday with David.

Wow - I am really trying to stay home.  That's good.

Also visited Sally and Andrew @ their house about 4pm on Sunday.

Mike and Toby to Roxy 6.30 - 9.30pm


Monday Aug 17

Toby on 14 bus to town ~ 8.10am - to school

1 comment: