Monday, August 10, 2020

The weekend in Wellington

 Hi,

Well, the new blog format seems to paste in pics with awesome high definition.  And huge.  I wonder if I should reformat them in some way?


Anyway, August is hurtling past and I can barely keep up.  The year is a blur.  The weekend was good fun.

Moxley helping me in the home office on Friday

Dinner with Celia @ Charley Noble

Celia and I had dinner out together after work on Friday.  I drove in from home and parked near the old Z station that has been demolished recently.  Making way for a huge BNZ replacement, I think.

Walked down to Charley Noble and met Celia there.  I had the aracini starter and the mushroom risotto.  Ooohh - their risotto is so good.  Perfect combination of mushrooms in it.

Celia had a huge starter so her main defeated her.  She got a takeaway bag of the leftovers - including the roast pumpkin sides (that was good - but I was so full already).

Look who we found after dinner @ Little Beer Quarter

Mike was out with Sally and Andrew so we found them after our dinner and had a few drinks @ Little Beer Quarter.  Then we drove the Lower Hutt contingent home, collected Toby from Tessa's on the way back and fell into bed.
Home made iced latte in Saturday

Up for bootcamp Saturday morning.  Mike wasn't feeling it, so stayed home.  But I was pleased to went - even though the rich food from the night before was making me feel slightly ill.  Hahah.  Pushed through that and enjoyed a good cardio session with Quentin running it.

Mike had his massage Saturday afternoon then went direct to Parrot Dog with Janine and Andrew for a tour of the brewery.  I went to my appt in town and then met them just after 6pm at Parrot Dog for dinner.

Dropped Janine and Andrew home and then fell into bed, to do it all again on Sunday.  With a twist.
Spring in the garden

Mmmmm - looks good enough to eat

Sally dropped Andrew and me off at Lowry track, just north of Days Bay (a few bays north, I guess).  We walked up the track a bit before haring off straight up a spur to the ridgeline track.
Andrew and I start our walk up Lowry track near Eastbourne

I conquer some hill - that's me standing on the geo marker

Got to the top of a hill (Lowry) and then dived off the back of it, off track.  However, it was easy going as there was a pest line the entire way.

Andrew was kind enough to a) wait for me and b) teach me navigation.  I learned so much!  Thank you!
Off piste walking for more than half our day

I see a sign!
Iced latte and sticky date cake at Chocolate Dayz


Sally was also kind enough to meet us at the cafe in Days Bay and we enjoyed an iced latte and shared some cake.  Mmmm.
Harvest time

Got some veges from the garden when I got home.  And Mike cooked tea and used the mushroom and hemp mince we got from Moore Wilsons.  It was probably the best veggie burger I have had.
Mike made my pattie out of mushroom and hemp mince - it was the best!


Went to bed so mellow after the walk.  I was like a giant jelly monster.  Slept for 9 hours or so.  Up for the gym (boxing - wow!) and then Machete for an iced latte with Andrew and Mike before working from home for the day.

Hot mess @ Machete after the gym on Monday


Monday is gorgeous here in Wellington.  The best sort of spring weather.  Mmmm - nice.  Hope you have an awesome week ahead.


Love,

Angela


Contact register:


Using covid app most places.  

20200810

New World Willis St Angela 7.45am - 7.55am

Plus Friday night @ Charley Noble 6 - 8pm w Celia

No comments:

Post a Comment