Monday, August 3, 2020

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

I am almost cured from my cold.  Yay.  Meanwhile poor old Victoria (and especially Melbourne) have invoked the State of Disaster.

Our weekend was good - albeit a little spontaneous in parts.  Went to group bootcamp Saturday morning and we were outside on the grass for the first time in ages.  I didn't cough once - yay!  I  don't think I looked very sick to anyone else.

Woot!  Getting better all the time.

Off to something I still don't understand.  Fix and Fogg in Eva laneway.  To pay $15 for a bowl of frozen berry yoghurt and some other crunchier things.

Fix and Fogg after group PT

All I know is, this made me miss going tree planting with Andrew.  Gah!  He went off and did good things for the planet.

But in hindsight, it was probably good that I went home and had Mike look after me for the day.

Video chat with my sister and mum

It was Karen's birthday and at 5pm our time we video chatted.  For ages.  It was so good.  Fun.  She was having a good day, despite the oddness of covid in the mix.

Toby got home from Tessa's place rather late.  I think I was basically asleep when he got home.

Sunday morning is turning it on!


Sunday was a gorgeous morning.  Woot!  I got up early to sort out the bikes for our bike ride to Pencarrow.  

Jumped in the car and met Sue in Jville to bring her back to our house.  She chatted to Mike while I threw the bikes into and onto the car.  Then we were off to Eastbourne.

Days Bay saw me drawn inexplicably to the cafe for... an iced coffee.  And an omelette.  A huge omelette.

Chocolate Dayz cafe


Apparently there were dogs in the cafe, drooling at food being consumed.  How I missed that, I will never know.  Obviously Sue's attention drifted way more than mine.

:-p



Not a breath of wind as Sue surveys the harbour

Look at that for a taste of paradise

Stopped at the car park at the road end (with a lot of other cars!) and found my water bottle had leaked the entire contents into my backpack.  Nice.  Put the wheels on the bikes and discovered Toby's lovely bike has a crooked disc brake and it rubs the entire time.

I am saying I was basically riding uphill the entire time.

Hahahah.

Sue was on Mike's MTB and that seemed to fit her taller frame way more than it would fit me.  Except I forgot it had cleated pedals.  OMG. The woman never complained once.

So, really, I could have been far better prepared.  Lesson learned.

Two hopeless selfie takers - I had to hold my hair in place otherwise I looked like I had a mohawk

Just so you know, I am embracing life right here

Rode down to the lighthouse and then around to the wee lakes.  But I have to say, my knee wasn't exactly happy about some of this riding.

Anyway, rode back via some photo stops and decided on a coffee @ Joe's in town to round off the day.

Joe's Garage - Iona pointed out the flowers behind me make me look like Carmen Miranda.  She is correct.


Dropped Sue off in Jville - after she took the borrowed bike shorts off in the car park when we forgot she had them on.  Hahah.  Must have looked slightly weird.

Home to see Mike's tree planting went well.  He had walked to Crofton Downs school - with the wheelbarrow!  

Had a quick shower while Janine chatted to Mike (she dropped off Monkey) and then we headed to dinner at Sally and Andrew's place.  Had a lovely meal - some sort of creamy lentil dish.  It was yum!

Took Mike's mother home and headed home too.


Nailed the home made iced latte on Monday morning



Toby and Tessa had a late day studying hard for a lot of work due this week.  But Monday morning saw Toby with a migraine.

Stress, we reckon.

Hope your week is a good one.  I think I will be back in the office from tomorrow.

Love,
Angela


Contact register:
Saturday Aug 1st

Angela & Mike Frank Kitts PT 8.30 - 9.30am
Angela & Mike to Fix & Fogg laneway shop 9.40 - 10.15 (Janine, Ana and Daniel)
Angela & Mike to Moore Wilsons 10.15 - 10.45am (Janine, Ana and Daniel)
Mike's mother to our house Saturday night

Sunday Aug 2nd
Angela & Sue to Eastbourne Chocolate Dayz cafe 10.15am - 11am
Riding  11 - 1.30pm
Mike to Crofton Downs school with wheelbarrow
Angela & Sue to Joes Garage 2 - 4pm
Janine @ our place briefly
Mike and Angela to Sally and Andrew's house for dinner with Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment