Wednesday, August 12, 2020

The Tuesday with an iced coffee with Kate and a late covid press conference

 Hi,

Well, that was a Tuesday with highs and lows.  Had a very social day ahead of the government emergency press conference at 9pm. I guess I got it all in on Tuesday so it will last me a while, then.

I got my Surface charger tested by an electrician and certified as a low danger to life for the next two years.  Apparently it is a requirement of my new workplace to certify electrical things.  Guess it is the nature of this new industry.

I went to Gotham @ 8.10am to meet Kate from my old workplace.  We caught up with each other's news and it was such a pleasure.  Gotham's iced coffee is a dessert, let's be honest.  Tasty - but not meant for daily consumption.

Iced coffee @ Gotham with Kate


Work also had a team lunch on - and we all went to Master Kong.  It is tasty there - but way too expensive for anything regularly.

Team lunch at Master Kong

Moxley opens the bag of kibble on her own.  Or is she disemboweling that cat on the bag?

At the end of the day, I drove home with Ange and then sorted out dinner for Toby and me.  When Mike got home, he found Moxley had opened the new bag of kibble all on her own.  She's so clever.  But when I checked the hole, I saw she had chewed the cat's tummy.  Gross!  Hahahah.

Anyway, there we were, in bed.  I was reading and checking my phone when I saw a Stuff notification pop in saying the Prime Minister was holding an emergency press conference just after 9pm.  So Mike and I tuned into that to hear the bad news that community transmission has been discovered in south Auckland.


Auckland goes into level 3 lockdown today at midday and the rest of NZ into level 2.  So Mike and I are working from home and we use masks out in public now.  Toby continues to school with his mask and hand sanitiser.

I hope we can stamp this out and avoid any deaths this time around.  Please, please.  I have my very santised fingers crossed.

So take care.  Stay safe.

Love,

Angela


Contact register:


11 Aug Tues

Angela & Mike to CityFitness 6.40am - 8.15am

Angela @ Gotham with Kate 8.11am - 8.45am

Angela @ Master Kong 12:05pm - 12.55pm with team mates

Angela drove home with Ange 5pm

Mike @ Yoshi Sushi Lambton Quay 12pm-1pm

Mike @ St Pierres Majestic Centre 5pm-5:30pm

Mike @ The George 5:30pm - 8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment