Friday, July 31, 2020

The Thursday at home

Hi,

Another day at home.  I must be hankering for company as I messaged a colleague a lot yesterday, and not always just about work.  However, it was a busy day so it also went fast.  Yay!

Perfect broccoli specimen

Harvested some spinach from the garden for dinner and the broccoli is looking so good.  Look at that!  It probably needs another week or so for a bit more growth - but they all look like miniature broccoli in their gorgeous perfection.

Happy.

My cauliflower on the other hand, look less than archetypes to behold in wonder.  More like a collection of straggly plants that don't have a head of cauliflower so much as a loose collaboration.

And they are yellow.  A quick google says I might be able to say I have Golden Cauliflower.  I don't think I knew that.

Let's see what that looks like in another week or two.

And the silverbeet is screaming out for some vegetarian lasagne very soon.  What else do you do with silverbeet?

The last row of vegetables belong to an as-yet-to-be-identified plant - possibly brassica.  I wondered if it was cabbage.  But if so, it needs a lot more growing yet.

Kale is in there - so I need to figure out what to do with that too.  Blend it in a smoothie so I have no clue I am eating kale.

Yeah - plan!

Last night after work we had the online quiz we used to do in lockdown - for old times sake.  Far less people registered for it.  But some of it was tough.  5/10 for the music round?  OMG.  My best 
"get" of the evening?  I got the Link question.

Link showed:
4 pics.  Some hairy legs.  A blueberry muffin.  Disney's Hercules.  And some chicken schnitzel.

After some head scratching I got:
Yes - all dogs from Hairy Maclary.

"Hercules Morse, as big as a horse" - and so on.

Anyway.  It's Friday.  Woot!

Karen's birthday tomorrow.  So sad I can't be there.  But Mum and I have a plan to call her at 5pm my time and chat on video to her.

Have a great weekend.  I hope my cold is goneburger!

Cherrs,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment