Friday, July 24, 2020

The Thursday with tree planting and te papa botany tour

Hi,

My Thursday was so busy, it's hard to remember what I did.  Hahah.  But, this morning (Friday) I woke with a sore throat.  So I am staying home and missing out on a good day in the office.  Boo.  But I hope my throat isn't going to turn into a full on cold.

I will stay home this weekend and make sure I recover.  I will do some basement prep work.  Insulation in the under floor.  Sweep out.

Anyway, yesterday...  Left my phone with Quentin when I was doing bench press with him.  Only just found the selfies he took.  Hahahah.

Did 5 x 3 reps at 35 kg.  Ohhh.  Every third one was hard.  Nailed the first two, each rep.  So I guess I am getting there.  As soon as I can do 5 x 5, I will go up a weight.

Want to get to 40kgs soon.

Ok - don't leave my phone with Quentin...  Hahah.  Could have been worse, I guess.  :-p

Headed to work and got an hour or two in before we went tree planting as a big group.  We were up beside AJs house in Churton Park.  Great day for it.  And we planted close to 1000 trees.

Tree planting crew

Matching Red Bands!

I planted this - for Ange

Juliet pogo technique

We planted this patch


Back to work for a few more hours then away to Te Papa for a botany tour of the back catalogues.  Watch for my write up on the Friends of Te Papa website.

Endeavour collection

Kowhai drawn from specimens collected by Solander

Beautiful prints

Such detail

A ponga (silver fern) from Banks and Solander's collection

So many specimens.  300,000 of them!

Special projection stories on Te Papa

Looking good

Jupiter and Saturn over Mt Vic

Friday morning

Your finger might be in the way, Mike

Mike selfie

I think your finger is in the way.  Really.  I do.

Hahaha - you are so funny

Oh - surprised pic with no fingers in the way


Weekend beckons.  Mike is away tramping to Roaring Stag hut.  I am staying warm and trying to stop a cold coming on.  But I hope to prep the basement work.

Right.  Enjoy your weekend.

Shona and Sharon have their birthday early next week.  And then Karen has a big birthday!  Woot!

Sad we can't all be together to celebrate that.  The wee baby hitting that milestone.  Wow.

Love you wee girl.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment