Thursday, September 24, 2020

The Wednesday that felt like I had already had five days at work this week

 Hi,

Is it really only Thursday this morning?  Hahahah.


Mike worked from home because the gale force winds meant his "all weather" Zealandia volunteer day was cancelled due to an exceptional day with a storm so fierce the CEO of our insurance company texted Mike to ask if we were weathering the storm just fine.

Or maybe it was just an automated text to all their insurance customers.  Anyway - that was a bit weird.  The weather didn't seem any worse than many of the other days we've had so far in September.


Moxley joins Mike while he works

Mike made an amazing dinner - that is scrambled tofu!

I got home after work and Mike was just cooking tea.  And it was scrumptious.  Wow!

Meet the candidates last night - this guy was very entertaining

After that we sat on the couch and watched our electorate's Meet the Candidates session.  We usually go along in person, but given the covid and the CEO of our house insurance company's concern, we decided to watch it live streamed on You Tube.

It worked great.  I could make commentary as I went (mostly when the New Conservative chap spoke), which I can't do in person.  There is a chap from the "No Party" whose only stand is:  don't vote for anyone, even me, because they cannot represent you at all.  His 5 minutes was a poem about the other candidates.

It was a good session.  Well done to the organisers.  Well done to the candidates.

Then off to bed.  I did get a huge fright around midnight when the cat knocked the plastic Earth globe off our bed head onto my head.  I wondered what on earth was happening.  I shouted out my surprise and I think I recall the cat fleeing in terror.  It certainly woke Mike up too.  My head was sore for a bit.  It did bear the brunt of the weight of the world for a split second.  So I guess it was entitled to smart a little.

:-p

Huge day at work today.  Oossh.  Had boxing with Quentin early and my arms are a bit floppy like a T-Rex.  And Mike did a PB in bench with Quentin - 60kg.  Wow.

Hope your day is a good one.

Love,

Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment