Monday, September 28, 2020

The weekend in South Island with rugby and other fun

 Hi,

Wee Moxley is so cute.  When I was working from home on Friday, she got into Smudge's crate (the two crates are in the room next to our desk) and was happily grooming herself in there for a few hours.

I am completely smitten with our two cats.

Moxley grooming in Smudge's crate during Friday

Mike pinged me at 5pm just as I was about to order an Uber to say he would take me to the airport.  So I drove down to work and he got in, we zipped past Maccas on Manners and collected Andrew.  Then the three of us had dinner at the airport.

When it was close to our flights, Mike headed home (via takeaways for Toby) and Andrew and I waited at our gate lounge area.  Jose from Habit gym came over (she is ground staff for Air NZ) and we hugged and caught up.  I wasn't sure it was her as she had a face mask on.  Hahah.

Andrew left 10 minutes before me on a bigger Air NZ flight.  I was on a Cessna with Sounds Air.  The pilot said it wasn't as windy as earlier but might still be a bit bumpy.  Phew!  Glad I wasn't flying earlier because it was a lumpy takeoff.

The flight was fine and I was at Blenheim airport by 8pm.  Iona was there having just found Andrew and she took us home.  :-)

Andrew slept on the pullout bed in the lounge and I was in the back room.  Iona was so busy with her weaving work that her flax efforts were scattered through the house.  But it did make the house smell lovely.  Some spicy, earthy smell.  Mmmmm.

Had a great sleep.  Andrew was up early and away for his tramp into the Richmond Ranges.  I went back to bed for a bit.  Sue was around at 7.45am to take us to Nelson for the day to see Otago versus Makos at Trafalgar Park.

We had a lovely drive there - but no music as Sue didn't have a phono aux in plug and my spare one was back in Wellington (I left my handbaglet behind and decanted into a zip lock bag for the weekend).  But we chatted away.  Discovered the Pelorus cafe on;y opens at 9am - so we continued to Nelson.  Sue was hanging out for a coffee by then.

Found Deville's on New St and parked on New St outside.  But I found out that you need to pay for the first hour despite it being free.  Weird.  So I downloaded the app from our table and entered Sue's number plate and paid from there.  Awesome!

Iced coffee @ Deville's in Nelson

After a quick wander to the market (okay - we didn't have long enough and Sue loved it - so we have to go back) we drove to the park and found a car park right outside.  Free too!

In position for the Farah Palmer Cup

The women's game started at 11.35am and only a few spectators were around so we sat right on the halfway line.  Had an awesome view.

Accidental selfie

Sue liked this picture of her - so even though I am issuing instructions, I have to show it

Second half kick off

It was so sunny and I had anticipated rain.  So my face, head and forearms copped a lot of sun.  Like - a lot.  As I type this, I look a little like Rudolph.

For you, Mike

Otago did well - beat the Makos handily.  We decided to stay for the curtain swan song game.  Makos versus Waikato.  Found our allotted seats in the family zone and enjoyed the Makos smashing Waikato.  Yay!

Took Sue to see the houses.  :-)

Hello house

Back home in Blenheim - this time with music for the trip.  I bought all the aux cords necessary as Sue's birthday present from Nelson.  Hope the present wasn't too boring.  Totally practical - well, maybe practical.  Given Sue didn't have one, maybe it was only practical for me.  Oh dear.

Windswept beach



Sue headed home and Iona and Col took me to a beach.  Which was not far from Rarangi.  It was windy - but not too cold.

Then into town for Thai food for tea.  Mmmmmm.  Back home and a movie night.  A star is born.  And off to bed.

I read until 1am, which was silly.  The clocks went forward for daylight savings so I ended up with less sleep than usual.  Plus a storm was swirling outside.  I left the window open and at one point my bedroom door slammed.  Then the blind clanged around.

I had to get up and sort it all out.  Hahah.

Up for Sunday at 9am.  Groan.  That was hard.  
 
Another day, another iced coffee.  This one has maple syrup - Herb and Olive did well

Sunday was Sue's birthday so we tootled out to Olive for brekkie (Iona had work to do for her exhibition so did a shop at Bunnings and worked on her art work).  You can see in the pic above that I really did get a bit of sunburn yesterday.  I am an idiot.

Had a nice brekkie there.  Then got ice cream from the strawberry place.  I got a punnet of strawberries.  Tried to watch rugby live streamed from my phone to the TV.  Was a bit hopeless.  And eventually the live stream stopped.  But at least they tried.

Andrew got back from his tramp.  The road out had a tree across it and he had to find reception and call the council to come saw it up.  They did get there fairly quickly and made short work of it.  He got back to us around 4pm.  We went for a quick walk while he showered.  Then he volunteered to drive me to Picton.  

Col and Sue compete.  Always.

Got on the Bluebridge ferry at 6.30pm and they left early.  Maybe 6.50pm.  The strait was not bad given the storms.  Just a gentle rolling swell.  I got luckly.

Home by 11pm.  Bit tired.  Up for online PT session.

Monday morning looking good in Wellington.  But it is supposed to rain with gales later

And the week stretches out.  Woot.

Take care.


Love,

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment