Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Wednesday with lunch with Andrew and a superstar encounter afterwards

 Hi,

What a hectic working day.  Lucky we interspersed the day with highlights like a car drive to town to meet Andrew for lunch.  Hahah.

I want to be like Philippa




My t-shirt arrived in the mail - I was looking at Havana coffee online when I noticed their "merch" and bought a t-shirt (almost) like Philippa's one.  Heheheh.


At lunch, Mike and I drove like mad to town.  Which was pumping.  And we met Andrew @ Machete for old times sake.

Mmmm - best iced latte

Awesome masks here too!

I had a spontaneous 1pm meeting so Mike and I split up.  I went to the car to meet online on my phone, and Mike went to the DoC visitor centre to extend our back country hut pass. They are adding 2 months to them all, if you ask, to account for the lockdown when you couldn't go tramping.

As I was done with my meeting, snug in the car, I got a ping from Mike.  He had found Mittens and scratched him behind the ear and everything.

When he got back to the car, we drove home around the block and Mittens was still there. So Mike double parked and threw me out of the car so I could also meet Mittens.

Met a local celebrity on the way home - I am reflected in the glass, bathing in the glory of Mittens

That's a pic of me and Mittens - in the same frame! With the other starstruck fans reflected in the window


Mike is famous on Mittens's Facebook page 

Back home and into work again.  But we did get away after work for a walk.  The covid circuit we used to do every day during lockdown. It was ... bracing. A nice evening but a cold wind. The beanies came out.

Hapless selfie time at top of Te Ahumairangi

The Hutt sprawls out behind me

Toby got home from his performance for his devising for Drama.  He said it went well.  So - yay!  And good on him.  No migraine to be seen.

Slept so well.  In fact, Toby had a shower at night and I never heard a thing.  Only found his clothes in the bathroom when I got up in the morning.

Thursday iced latte

Roll on the end of Thursday.  I am still recovering from the hectic end of sprint day and full on work days so far this week.  Hahah.


Take care.

Love,

Angela


Contact Register:

Wed Sep 2

Angela, Mike and Andrew @ Machete 12.15 - 1pm.

1pm Mike was probably the 500th person to scratch Mittens behind the ears that day. But he washed his hands afterwards.

Toby @ school 

Thurs Sep 3

Toby @ school

Mike didn't leave the house.

Angela didn't leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment