Tuesday, September 15, 2020

The weekend in Blenheim

 Hi,

What an awesome weekend.  Started off in fine form with brekkie with James, Celia and Ed at Little Peckish on Friday morning.  I was in the mood to talk and after we'd caught up on each other's news, politics became a topic of conversation.  Heheh.  Looking forward to our next brekkie date hot on the heels of the election.

I met Iona and Col at 12.50pm (their ferry was supposed to get in at 11.30am but it was so rough in the Strait that it took them ages to get here.  Lots of puking from passengers.  Not good, not fun) and we ate at the Z cafe.  Sandwich for me and Col (yes, I was surprised she wanted to eat too).  A hot choc for me and coffees for them.  Then they were off in the orange car (I had parked under work).

Mike left for his bottling with Andrew in the Subaru and I went to Dockside with Ange, Angie, Juliet and Nick for a drink and some chips.  Then Ange and I Ubered home.


Friday morning Little Peckish brekkie

Moxley helps me pack

After I got home I packed for my weekend.  Managed to squash things into my backpack.  Mike got up early to take me to the ferry terminal for a 7am check in Saturday morning.

Level 2 restrictions still in place so the ferry was only half full but people had to spread out.


Wow - Saturday dawns looking gorgeous

Got my boarding pass

I was at a table seat with 6 seats.  But a young couple asked me if they could sit at the other end ont he other side.  I said yes.  But then they sniffed and blew their noses for the rest of the journey over.  And I was like:  gah!

The crossing was superb.  Not a breath of wind.  So different from the day before for Iona and Col.

We arrived 20 mins late (we were late leaving Wellington) into Picton.  Walked down to the car ramp and walked to a bus where they drove us to the ferry terminal building.

Found Iona and Col's car parked just up the road a tad and headed into Blenheim.  Sue was at their house doing her washing.  We then headed to the rugby after some toast for me.

Found the rugby and Sue

So under level 2, there are no spectators allowed at the games.  There is a stop bank at the end of the ground here in Blenheim, so Sue took me in there.  The grounds staff had fenced off the ground, but there was no one around.  So we sat on the grass just outside the fence and watched from there.  

The day was stunning still and despite losing track of the score for the one-sided game (Wellington won 58 to 0 or something) it was a great time.

First of many for the weekend.

Headed to get an iced coffee before going back and watching movies for the evening.  Via PaknSave to get some junk food and dinner.

Sue headed home and I went to bed and read before having the best sleep!  :-)  Up at 7am without an alarm - so obviously had the right amount of sleep.

Not quite as nice a day on Sunday.  Sue came around and we headed to City Fitness.  We were there from 10.50am to 12.25pm.  Awesome session.  Thanks Sue!


Another one

OMG.  This was called Summer Brown.

Looks like it will do the trick

Sip!

Went to Ritual Cafe and enjoyed an awesome lunch and two iced coffees.  Mmmmmm.

Drove out to find an ostrich - yes - you read that right.  And the place where the first flight across the Cook strait left from.

Me!  I am the historic place

No - it's this.  The site of the runway for the first Cook Strait flight


Back to Iona and Col's house and another couple of movies.  Dinner.  And Sue headed back to her place and I had an early night.  Up early 5.30am to get ready for my ferry back.

Drove to Picton and parked exactly where Iona and Col had left the car on Friday.  Stood 2m back from the woman behind the check in counter (they had a barrier up so you couldn't actually approach the counter at all).

Monday morning back on the ferry


Got on quickly (far less people today than Saturday) and found a table seat for four and plonked myself there for the duration.

The ferry left 20 mins early!  Woot!

Physical distancing in place
Face mask on when in the ferry and buses

Found Iona and Col at the terminal in Wellington, exchanged keys and I headed home for my meetings for the afternoon.

Monday afternoon and Moxley is chilling in her crate


Sorted out tea after work and had a great sleep.  Apart from just after midnight when Mike flew out of the bed, swearing loudly.  Turns out Moxley had just puked on the duvet.  Stripped it off and out the wash on.  Crawled back to bed.  Asleep again in seconds.

Up for PT with Quentin.  Loved the pics Quentin posted in our chat of him and Mike during the "cobra" pose.  I thought he said "coma" pose.  Which at the time, Mike was nailing perfectly.  Hahahah!


Great series of pics from this morning's PT session




And at work - but from home.  Yay.  Mike is presenting on tramping tonight after work in town somewhere.  He is so good.

Toby is at school.  He has completed his application for UC and a halls of residence.  Fingers crossed.

Enjoy your day.

Love,

Angela


Contact register:


I did zap the app many times over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment