Monday, October 5, 2020

The weekend with a baby shower

 Hi,

A Wellington weekend - and it was nice to do a lot of nothing really.  But I was so social - by the time Sunday came I was more like a hermit.  Hahah.

Moxley mid yawn

Moxley relaxes on my lap - and not sure why she puts her paw on my arm.  She does it to Mike too


Mike went out to Oktoberfest on Friday after work.  He can tell you more about that if he likes.  He got home late (around midnight) and I couldn't rouse myself from sleep to even say hello.

Up early for bootcamp.  Great session.  The cardio first half killed me.  I need to run more.

Back home to shower and make salad for the baby shower.  I drove out to Kelson's community centre and we helped decorate the room for the surprise baby shower for Preeti.

It was also Preeti's birthday so Pritesh told her that he had booked lunch somewhere special and then arrived in time for a big surprise from us all.

It was so sweet.

Aww - lovely decorating, everyone!

Preeti looks ready to have her baby even though she still has 35 weeks left.  She is so tiny that the bump looks pretty big already.  Pritesh has been amazing she said.


Lovely to catch up with Manisha and her family

Happy parents to be

I try pani puri.  Yum!

It was potluck and I got to try some incredible food.  Pani puri is the best yummiest thing ever!  Thank you for inviting me.  It was good to see loads of people again.  Akshatha - thank you for chasing me to come.

Manisha and Satuhk and I try a selfie

 Got home to find two parties in full swing.  Mike with his mates trying all the beers.  And Toby and his mates filming Blair Witch 7.                

Crazy social time.  I drove Andrew home late and fell into bed afterwards.  I did read for quite a while though.  Hahah.

Sunday saw Toby's mates wake up and chilling in the lounge.  So Mike and I stayed in our bedroom - with the washing.  Hahah.  And the cats.

The cats are so close to each other

I get a good smooch with Smudge

We wandered up to the top of our street to hear the local MP campaigning.  We chatted to him briefly before he went off to do more street corner talking and then back to watch rugby!

I watch Otago Spirit get hammered by the Manawatu Cyclones

It's that time!

But after the teenagers had all gone and Toby and Tessa tidied the house we headed out to vote.  Via the party shop next to The Warehouse.

Toby in his happy place

Toby bought stuff for spook night this week (it is still school hols).  

We tried to vote at Mt Cook school but got the dates wrong and that is next weekend.  So we drove to the next closest polling station at Dukes arcade.  We followed a fire engine down Willis St.  Turns out the building next door to the polling station was on fire so no voting there either!


The polling booth staff were milling about outside the cordon, and they told us the next closest polling station was just down the road in Manners St.  So we got in there, crossed our names off and voted.

Loved that we saw Tessa vote for her first time

They are operating under level 2 conditions so we had physical distancing in place.  Cards on tables and standing back.  Single use pens.  We had two referendum questions to answer too.

It was Tessa's first time voting (she turned 18 in August).  I am so pleased that she was excited about voting.  Good on her.

And we dropped her home and headed back to chill out at our place for the rest of the evening.

Phew.

Ange's birthday to day.  I am thinking about her.

Love,
Angela 



No comments:

Post a Comment