Monday, November 9, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Nov 9

Hi there,

Happy birthday to Vivienne! But, shhhhhhh. Don't let her know we know. ;-)

I was sick on Friday so had the day at home - my mother came over to make sure I was ok. Isn't that nice? We had a good time together and I perked up by about 2pm so I was good for the weekend tramp.

Toby and I had all our plans go awry though for our sleepover at Sally and Andrew's place. We were supposed to take the little green car there. So I grabbed the Mazda car keys and locked the house and we wandered up to the garage. Then I noticed we had no Mazda garage keys on the key chain (there were many keys on it - but nothing useful). So I thought I'd pop back into the house to get the other set of keys. Then I noticed how truly useful this set of car keys really was - no house key either. I looked at Toby. Toby looked at me. Toby said we could take the silver car. No silver car garage key (or car key). Then he said we could walk to Sally's. True. But, no!

So we wandered around the house looking for an open window. We found one and I boosted Toby up to this tiny, high window and he squirmed and wriggled and contorted his wee body through the gap and down the other side to the window ledge. What a hero! he opened the door and we grabbed as many keys as we might need!

Back to the car. Opened the garage. Jumped in, put the roof down (it was a lovely day). Started the car. Or not! Nothing. Just click-click-click.

Back into the house. Contact Sally to say our plans have all gone wrong (Toby's assessment of it all), contact Mike. Mike comes home and we push start the car with me and Toby in it and we're off to Sally and Andrew's. Just a little later.

So, we had a good time there (we both slept in the same single bed - it was not very comfy for me). Mike arrived with Brennan and Maccas for brekkie and we were off. Chelsea was still sick and couldn't come. We walked into Paua Hut taking 4 hours instead of the usual 2. But we did have a mountain buggy full of stuff with us, two wee girls (6 and 4) and a wee lad of about 2. Toby and Brennan loved the walk. The trip was superb! Dinner was great. I got to practise lots of German - I talk really well to 2 year olds.

We set off fireworks after dinner and the kids had a ball. Toby was up very late (as were all the kids) but he slept well and was the last child to wake up. We had breakfast and tidied up and we left to wander back. It didn't take as long to get back to the car and we came out to glorious sunshine after a little rain at the hut (well, you could hardly notice).

We collected the green car from Sally and Andrew's place (thank you for keeping it safe for us) and Mike drove it home enjoying the nice weather. Brennan came to play for a bit longer with Toby at our place and then he went home. We ate spag bol and crashed into bed. What a great weekend.

Kea night tonight. I need to find wee pot plant holders (5 of them) for the Keas to plant out sunflower seeds in their own wee pot (it's an activity this term and we got the sunflower seeds in the mail from my mother!). I think they are learning about "growing" - a key Kea concept. But tonight we'll do a rubbish collage while I sort out the wee pots for next week.

Mike is away this weekend coming to Sydney. And he's away most of the next week. So I'll be busy dropping off and collecting wee Toby. Work will hardly see me. :-)

Have a marvellous week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment