Monday, November 30, 2009

Good morning on Monday 30 November, 2009

[Another old blog entry that was never published.  It's all in note form so that's probably why!  This was an action packed weekend with Mike and Toby home alone.]

Friday night - Toby played tennis and did well.  But going up the hill at school, he ran ahead of me and didn't wait at the gum tree like we agreed!  I lost him totally.  He wasn't at school.  Wasn't at home.  Wasn't en route.  Then I got a call from Fiona our neighbour, and there he was, at their dinner party, getting stuck into their hors d'oeuvres.  He'd done well in going to their place when he discovered that we were separated, but not so well to get lost in the first place.  I was cross and relieved at the same time.

Saturday - call to say Wainui cancelled for today. Swimming (Toby did well). Crazy Bones. Home to veg. Call from Christine - there for din. Toby a little impolite but ok. Banged together labels for her, for her Elderflower Cordial that she wants to sell at markets.

Sunday - Watched 'Ben 10 Alien Swarm', the brand-new Ben 10 live action movie.  It was pretty good I thought. Aborted mission for Wainui. Off to Toby's school room end-of-year picnic, at his friend Jack's amazing house. A back garden big enough for 20 kids and their family to picnic in, and 270 degree views of Wellington harbour, and an inset trampoline that was a great hit with all the children. Afterwards, dropped Toby at Sampsons to give me 90 minutes alone time - got more done than whole rest of weekend. Sampsons inspired pizza for dinner. Relatively early night.

Monday morning - Toby came to see me at his normal waking up time (0620) and promptly fell asleep again til I woke him at 0740. Had to make more pizza cos no bread - pizza for lunch! All went well until he realised that he had no monskeys print-out - actually he did!! - so we were running late in the end. Got to my bus stop and found that in the confusion I had no wallet - so I had to go back for it! So I was very late.

No comments:

Post a Comment