Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello from Sydney

A quick post from a kiosk at Gartner. The browser is behaving funny - I can't use the cursor keys or the backspace key. Argh! So I just have to type through any typos and ignore them.

It's a shame for you Gramps. I've seen Toby like this before - if he gets grumpy as he wokes up., there's no consoling him. TYou would have had your work cut out for you!

It's been a very very good conference, this. I'm getting brim-filled with ideas and plans and things to do. I'm makng session by session notes, and also making a big list of things I have to do whten I get back.

I had a great time ove rthe weekend with Karen and Scott. I (and we) need to keep seeing Tyler and Abby especially, every few months. They can't be allowed to forget us! They were both very happy to see me, Tyler especially who spent the first day or so attacheed to my leg. It was really sweekt.

Zack and Gianna's birthday party was really fun. It was good to catch up with all Scott's family in one place. they had a bouncy castle and scooby doo and shaggy were there! Shaggy looked a lot like shaggy (but he didn't sound much like shaggy). Scooby Doo earned her money, being in a big velour suit with a big head, for hours and hours, in high-thirty-degree heat. You could hear her panting from time to time. And she needed to be led around because she couldn't see much , plus the added challenge of courious children who found gaps in her suit, and others who tried to take her head off!! Whew.

OK, must off to next session. I've got some more stuff on my computer but we're very connection challenged here. In-room internet is $13 per hour!! Next time I'll make sure I have a reasonable-priced data plan so I can use my laptop & phone to talk out.

No comments:

Post a Comment