Monday, June 14, 2010

Good morning on Mon, Jun 14

Hi,

What a lovely, if very cold, ride in this morning.  2 degrees the radio said.  Brrrr.  I must find some thermal gloves to wear under my long-fingered bike gloves. 

Mike is staying home with Toby today.  I think one more day off will do wonders for him. 

We had a good, quiet weekend.  I went to Ngaio for dinner with Ma and Toby and Mike arrived in time to get some dinner too.  We took Toby home after being pampered by Grandy for a few days.  I think he loved the attention from her.  However, I think Ma is worn out a bit as she has succumbed to malaise since Toby's departure.  Malaise was going around a bit at the end of last week.  Mike declared I had malaise at one point.  Heheheheh.  Let's hope Ma feels better again soon.

Sunday I took Toby out on the bus to town.  We thought he was getting cabin fever.  He ate McDonalds and we bought some books and headed back home. I think we were out for about 2 or 3 hours.  He was ok, but perhaps a little tired out by it.  Well, maybe tired out at the time.  His energy levels rebounded and he played a lot for the rest of the day.

We watched the second half of the Irish game in New Plymouth against the All Blacks (we'd forgotten it was on until Mike got a text from Grant in London saying how the Irish were thrashing the All Blacks - it's hard to detect sarcasm in a text message so we rushed to the television in a panic) and I got up to watch England draw with the USA in their opening World Cup match.  A draw?  Against the USA?  Oh dear.

And that was about it.  Mike went to a Home Show with Sally and Andrew but by all accounts it was a bit lame.  So, the weekend passed by and now the working week stretches ahead of me.

Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment