Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good morning on Thrus, Jun 3

Hi,

Ok - after Andrew goaded me about my poor attitude to a bit of rain, I was determined to ride in this morning.  And it actually wasn't too bad at all.  The roads were wet, but it wasn't raining.  That is, until 500m from work.  I got held up by traffic lights and stood there, astride my bike, getting rather wet.  And what's more, something weird is going on.  I hadn't packed my work socks in my bag.  First time in 2.5 years of commuting here in Wellington where I got to work and was missing clothing.  I now reckon I look like a Michael Jackson supporter with my black pants, black shoes... and white sports socks poking out in-between.

Tennis was cancelled (it must be creating an admin nightmare for the tennis coach as we need refunds for certain number of cancellations per term) but karate went ahead.  Toby needed a red tab on his new yellow belt so he couldn't go to the front of the class until Mike added the red tabs (I thought the sensei would do it for him).

Dinner was nice.  Ma experiements sometimes on Wednesday evenings and last night we had a modern take on potatoes and lamb stew.  It was ok.  I ate quite a lot.  Dad wasn't keen and Toby decided it wasn't nice (but did eat a lot of the bread Mum had bought).  Ma might not try that one out again.

We're off to the movies on Friday night with Vivienne, John, Benjamin (maybe), and maybe Sally and Andrew.  We want to see Robin Hood.  Mum and Dad went the other night and said it was good.  Don;t tell Toby that's what we're seeing.  We just finished reading Robin Hood last night (Toby was astonished that he died in the end - heroes don't die) so he'd be keen to see the movie.  I think perhaps one of the older versions might be suitable for him.  Errol Flynn version anyone?  :-)

Toby will sleepover at Mum and Dad's place on Friday night - there is no swimming because of the long weekend.  Then we'll pop up to Waikanae to visit the Tabors (if they're well).  Then Yum Cha on Sunday.  I think Sally and Andrew might be keen for that.  Vivienne - you keen too (unless you're diving!)?  11am at the place opposite Harvey Norman.

That's about it.  Time to get stuck in.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment