Monday, June 28, 2010

Good morning on Mon, Jun 28

Hi,

Happy birthday to my mother!  Hooray!  And happy birthday to Michelle for Saturday just gone.  Tonight we're off after Keas to celebrate with Mum in town.  Hopefully Sally and Andrew can make it, and Vivienne was hoping to make an appearance too.  Give me a yell to make sure we're all still on so we can let Boulcott St Bistro know the numbers when someone arrives (they don't have reservations there).

I hope Mum has a good day, and stays warm and dry at home.  The weather isn't too bad right now; my bike ride in was absolutely fine.  The roads are still wet but it was fine enough.  However, it is supposed to deteriorate later.

Friday night Toby had a sleepover at Grandy and Gramps' house (and by all accounts loved it) and Mike and I went out to a work function.  Mike got into the groove by the time the event wound up and so he dragged me and two other work colleagues into a karaoke pub afterwards.    Singing to a big group of strangers at midnight is decidedly odd.  Mike chose "Paradise by the dashboard light" for a duet and he hauled me up on stage and I bumbled my way through one of the longest songs on the playlist!  The crowd must be used to atrocious singing as they clapped us off and gave encouragement.  Anyone who has heard me sing will now appreciate the crowd's generosity.

I drove us home and we fell into bed and had a good sleep.  Saturday morning we got up and moved Toby's bunk up to storage in the garage (ummmm...  yes.  Sort of.) before heading to Ngaio to collect him for swimming.  As we pulled into the street where the pool is, we thought it odd that there we few cars.  That is, no cars.  Uh oh.  Yep.  Swimming finished last week!  So we drove back into town and did some shopping before dropping off Mum's new bread maker to her and heading off to Waikanae to visit the Tabors.

Wee Lulu has sprouted and Toby loves her.  We went to the beach (after playing Hearts and then 500) and Lulu got absolutely covered in sand.  The wind lashed it into every crevice. We went to Peka Peka beach and drove onto the sand.  This meant Mike scheduled a car wash for the car as soon as we got back into Wellington.

Back to the Tabors for dinner (yummo) and then Toby stayed for a sleepover (yes - who is my son? I have hardly seen him) and we drove back to the car wash in Wellington.  Another good sleep and up to drop Mike off for his day tramp.  The 8 punters turned into 3 (including Mike).  So the three of them left in the rain and I drove home to get the washing on and wait for Toby.  He arrived within 10 mins and I continued tidying up.

Ryan and his mother, Sarah, came around int he afternoon and we had a good time.  They left and an hour later Mike got home.  He used his new birthday present (a GPS unit) so I got to see his trail in details.  Great fun.

And tonight is birthday night.  I'll head to Keas, then drive straight back into town.  Should work out well.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment