Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good morning on Wed, Jun 30

Hi,


Wednesdays is my Toby drop-off duty day.  We both had a good morning although Mike is still very, very sore.  I had to help him put his sock on this morning.  Poor Mike.  Toby ate his way through 5 Weetbix before we left.  It was raining fairly constantly when we left and I had to put my helmet on for the walk to school just to stay a littler drier.


I rode like a granny into work because of the rain.  It is constant drizzle but I did strike a patch of heavier rain and thought I was going to get soaked.  But it passed and I was just on the damp side of wet.


We got Toby's report yesterday.  Those in New Zealand know this is a controversial report as schools come into line with new National Standards.  I personally found it nice and clear.  Toby has done very well, and achieved either a "usually" or a "consistently" in the areas marked as such.  In Reading he exceeds the National Standard, in Writing he meets the National Standard, and in Mathematics he is working towards the National Standard.  So we have some things to help him improve these areas at home now.


Tonight is tennis (not likely) and karate.  Mike will be heading home on the bus and going with Gramps and Toby to karate.  I'll ride home in the dark and probably will get home around the same time as them.


That's it really.  Stay dry and warm.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment