Friday, February 17, 2012

The Thursday with logistics and the Friday of my birthday

Hi,

It's my birthday!  Yay!  The day looks fabulous out there.  Well, what I can see of it.  It is still pretty dark right now.  But there is no wind and the stars are twinkling.  No clouds at all.  Very nice.

Our logistics hit a snag at 10pm last night when we had to go and collect Toby from Jack's house.  Didn't make Mike overly pleased and now we have Toby logistical exercise 1b to implement this morning.  This involves a semi-dressed Toby getting deposited back at Jack's house very early to finish getting ready for school.  And us rushing to the ferry terminal.  It should be okay.  If I can get Mike to forget about the night escapades.

I think Toby will be fine for the rest of the weekend.  I had a funny feeling about last night.  Mainly because Jack did it the last time he stayed here...  Oh well.  Sleepovers will have to stop if we can't rely on them to succeed.  Perhaps once we make that clear to Toby, there will be no future hassles.

So, we're on the 8am ferry (7am check in) and the crossing looks as though it will go smoothly.  I have my Kindle ready for the 3 hour trip.  And a new book to get stuck into.

Tonight it's a Gin Wigmore concert in upper Moutere at a winery (sorry - these things don't overly interest me so I have no idea what one).  Tomorrow night we're in Takaka in Golden Bay to stay at Sans Souci.  Then back Sunday evening on the ferry.

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment