Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The weekend with three days

Hi,

What a great weekend.  It was Rugby Sevens weekend and the town was buzzing on Friday night.  I had to get off my bike to push it through the crowds of people in fancy dress costumes all around the waterfront.  Our evening did start off a bit poorly with me and Mike missing each other for our ride home.  I didn't realise Mike was waiting for me and I went off to collect Toby.  Anyhow, we all ended up at home for dinner and Toby went to have a sleepover at Alex's house.

Saturday morning was a flurry of activity though.  Mike had to pack for Dad Camp and I went to get Toby from Alex's house.  Then I was off to Waikanae to collect Aidan for a visit of all the antique/second-hand shops between Waikanae and Bulls.  We had fun although the forecast glorious weather was, in fact, very light drizzly rain for the most part.  So the top of the car remained up.

I bought some nice tea.  Aidan got some war comics for the boys.  Fortunately, to save the shopping expedition, she also bought some new running shoes.  So the only thing old that we purchased were the war comics.  Bit of a failure really - Aidan was looking for drawer knobs of a specific sort.   Mind you, I have tried the tea and it is very nice so I am very pleased.  And I had the pleasure of Aidan's company and an excuse to drive the wee green car.

Mike and Toby also had drizzly rain at Mt Holdsworth.  But it didn't dampen Dad Camp very much at all.  I am sure Mike will tell you more.  Facebook shows some photos from it.

Saturday night I read books and watched a DVD - "The bells of St Mary's" - from about 1946.  Good year that, eh Ma?  It was a nice, wholesome movie starring Bing Crosby (who obviously got them to write in a lot of singing for his part) and Ingrid Bergman.

Sunday morning I tidied the house.  Luxed and did piles of washing.  Then went around to Sally and Andrew's for lunch.  Mike and Toby turned up at 2.15pm!  Yay!  Then we all went home and relaxed for the evening.

Monday was Waitangi Day and we had a lazy start to the day.  Mike read until midday ("On the beach" by Neville Shute) and I moved the bookcases around in the lounge.  Then Mike tried out his new water blaster.  It does the job - just a  bit slower than the commerical one he hired a few years back.  So our front yard looks better now than it has for ages.  At least the weeds are vaguely at bay now.

Then we had tea on the beach at Petone.  Fish n chips with Sally and Andrew.  Very pleasant end to the long weekend.

Tonight is the first Cubs night of the year.  And tomorrow is parent/teacher night at Toby's school (I think we have Benjamin lined up from 6.30pm).  Phew!

Have a marvellous week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment