Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Tuesday with Toby's last day of holidays

Hi,

Tuesday was best done and dusted.  Work was a tad frustrating but I should be back to where I should have been if work hadn't been lost by mid morning today all going well.  But the ride home is a good stress relief.  Into the teeth of a mighty head wind all the way.  I was exhausted by the time I got to the bottom of our hill let alone by the time I got to Wadestown School to collect Toby.  From the waterfront to the Beehive I had to pedal furiously to stay in the car stream to avoid crossing three lanes of traffic to turn right into Molesworth St.  I think I managed it but it was tiring!

Toby thanked Del (Skids carer for the last year) for looking after him when we left Skids.  He might see him during school holiday programmes.

Home to cook dinner.  Mike was late home as he has a huge deadline due today/tomorrow.  So we may not see him very early tonight too.  But he did know of my work frustrations and he brought home a lovely bunch of flowers.  I think he loves me!  :-)

This morning was exciting.  Toby is a bit nervous about his new school but he came right when I pointed out he has been there before (the take-a-friend-to-Scots Day he did with Jack).  Mike sorted out his tie for him (it took a few attempts - apparently Mike uses a different knot for his own ties and he had to recall the other knot).  See Facebook for some photos from this morning!

We drive to the bus stop with Toby and Jack arrived.  We chatted to other parents before the bus came and Toby got on.  I hope he has a good day!

Mike got a lift in with John (Jack's Dad) and I got my bike and rode down the hill nice and fast trying to beat impending rain!  As I cycled around the waterfront I saw the "Ride your Bike to Work" day and got a second breakfast and some fruit.  Yum!

Will leave at about 1700 this evening.  Toby will be at Alex's house.  But I hope to leave close to 1600 as the routine sorts itself out.

We shall see.

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment