Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Wednesday with karate!

Hi,

What a great day - I missed rain riding in and rain riding home.  An excellent outcome!  Mike wasn't quite so lucky, getting a little wet on the way in.

I did notice the rain as I went out for lunch to meet Aidan at Vic Uni.  But even as I got to the university, the rain eased.  I had a pleasant lunch - and even got a present.  Woo hoo!  Birthday week.  Choice!  Ta Aidan.

The ride home was pleasant - the wind was either slight or a tail wind.  I like that!

I collected Toby and chatted to Alex's grandmother for a while before Toby and I went home to cook dinner and get ready for karate.  Obviously having 8 weeks off karate has dimmed my memory as for some reason I thought it was a 6.30pm start.  When I realised I only had twenty minutes to feed Toby and get him ready and to karate, all thought of homework went out the door.  Well, actually, we did get his spelling done as well, so that's okay.  And we got to karate with one minute to spare.

I had a quick chat to John and a quick chat to Christine.  Then settled to read my Kindle as Toby went through the karate motions.  Mike joined me and told me off for reading.  Actually said my reading was the reason Toby isn't being encouraged in his karate.  Outrageous!  So I sullenly watched the rest of the karate (well, I wish I was being sullen, but I didn't mind watching and chatting to Mike).

We also asked the sensei if he wanted to come and chat to the Cubs next term.  And he said yes.  That is great!

Today is the start of the logistics nightmare to get us to Nelson and Toby to three places to sleep over the next few days.  I think we have all the bases covered.  I hope.  All I hope is that Toby sleeps well on school night at Jack's tonight and Alex's on Sunday night.

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment