Friday, February 3, 2012

The Thursday with Toby's second day at school

Hi,

I could get a lot of post titles out of Toby's school days...  Anyhow, Thursday was the first full college day so Toby had to wear "number ones" - which means his white shirt instead of the "number twos" which is grey.  Fortunately it is easy to remember what day is a number one day and what day is a number two day.  Usually.  Fridays are number ones.  End of story.  Unless it is the first day of term.  Heheheh.

Sounds like he had a good day.  He told me he got told off.  He had to run around the school four times (I suspect not the entire school) and got puffed so sat and relaxed and his teacher growled at him.  Hahahah.  But then he also told me he got a merit.  "What for?" I asked.  "I held a door open for everyone" he replied.  Good on him!  10 house points for Potatau.

I rode home yesterday for the first time in ages where I wasn't battling a head wind.  It was a wonderful ride up the hill.  Thank goodness.  Got the car and picked up Toby.  No fuss or bother.  Home to cook tea.  Easy.  Mike got home at a reasonable time too.  Hooray!

This morning the ride down the hill was exhilarating.  Despite my sunglasses, my eyes teared up and I couldn't read my speedo.  I will remain ignorant.  Pedal, pedal!  Great fun.  The sun had turned the wispy cloud a light orange and it looked fantastic with the greys of the hills contrasting.  The harbour was still (not quite glass) and as I rode past, some rowers rowed through the sun's reflection in the water, beautifully silhouetted.  Great way to start the day.

And the day is looming large.  Big deadline today.  Bound to have something thrown into the mix.  Fingers crossed. The long weekend can't possibly start fast enough for me.

Mike and Toby have a camping trip tomorrow (overnight only) organised by a chap at our work.  It is called "Dad Camp" and that means little planning and dirty boys on Sunday afternoon.  Heheheh.  The weather is supposed to be superb, so I am sure they will have fun.  I think Rex and his boys are going too.  Marvellous.

I am going to take Aidan antique shopping tomorrow.  Any excuse for a drive in the wee green car with the top down and the sun shining.  Bring it on!  The idea seems to be that we use the small car so she doesn't buy anything bigger than the boot.  Which isn't very big.  Should be effective.  No tables then!

Sunday morning is all mine, until the boys come back.  Might line up some books and a nice breakfast and not move out of the bedroom for hours!  Choice!

Monday is most likely going to involve house tasks.  Garden.  Tidying.  Washing.  Still, it needs to be done.

Right now though, the pressing thing is a cup of tea!  Hope you have a great weekend!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment