Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Tuesday with Cubs

Hi,

Denial isn't working - my throat is a bit sore and perhaps I am facing my first cold since June last year!  Pants!  Never mind.  I guess it might all amount to nothing.  You never know your luck!

Cubs went well last night.  The two previous leaders came back for the night to help with camp preparation.  We unfolded the tents and pitched two of them.  Heheheh.  It was okay.  The tents have some nightmarish folding that needs to be perfect otherwise there is no way they fit back in their packaging.  All canvas.  No groundsheet.  Old school.

We also met the new leader's husband for the first time.  He took one look at Mike and said "I know you, I have worked with you".  He then said his name was Glen and as Mike was about to claim complete ignorance, the penny dropped with me and I said "ANZ Direct!".  Sure enough - Mike had worked with him over 15 years ago when we were at the bank.  I had nothing to do with him.  He is coming to the Cub Camp, so I am sure Mike and Glen will catch up and reminisce.

This morning is lovely.  But I have a work party to attend tonight, so I took the bus in with Mike.  Mike has karate with Toby so they should have a good evening.

Okay - best have a cup of tea and get stuck in.

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment