Monday, February 13, 2012

The weekend with some sunshine

Hi,

What a great weekend.  It started late for Mike because he went out for leaving drinks with David after work on Friday and didn't get home until after midnight.  Oddly, when we caught up with David and Becky during Saturday, they mentioned they got home at 9.30pm!  Heheheh - Mike obviously found some others to hang about with.

Saturday morning we left (eventually) to go and collect David's motorbike from the dealer in Lower Hutt and bring it back to our place.  David and Becky were leaving Sunday for their trip back home to Sweden (for good) and hadn't sold their BMW F650 yet.  We were going to test ride it to see if it was a suitable option for us.  Unfortunately, I needed about 2 more centimetres of leg to make it a viable option for me.  Even cranking down its payload dial meant my toes only just touched the ground on both sides.

So, it was with some trepidation that I rode it out of the dealer's forecourt.  I have never been on such a big bike before (biggest I have ridden is 250cc) or such a heavy bike.  But it was a beautiful bike to ride.  And now I have a hankering for another bike I can ride at the weekends!  We popped around to see Andrew (Sally was sick in bed) and Mike rode it over to Wainuiomata and back.  Then I rode it home and we parked it in our garage.  So I could pine over it.  Heheheh.

But, turns out David sold it on Trade Me the next morning.  We had the punter turn up, he took it for a ride and he bought it.  The money changes hands today (Monday).

The rest of Sunday morning was spent getting ready for Yum Cha at our place.  Unfortunately our punters all had other things come up.  But we cooked up a treat for me, Mike and Toby.  Facebook shows some Yum Cha action!  I was rather pleased no one showed as my Yum Cha abilities are sadly lacking.  It had little in the way of presentation.  I have never seen prawn rice rolls that messy before!  But it tasted great.  Well, apart from the sticky rice.  Mike's face was enjoyable to watch as he nibbled on that.

Then we were off to the Chinese New Year parade in town.  The sun was shining brightly and why I forgot a hat I'll never know.  I got one for Toby.  Anyhow, now my nose is red and my scalp a bit tender.  Ouch!  Twit!  We went in with Yingjie and Alex and had a lot of fun.  We bumped into several people we know.  Weird how that happens in such a crowd.

Today was a great ride in.  The roads were bone dry and the harbour was magnificent!  So many rowers out practising.  Lovely.

Have a great week!  It's my birthday week and I have Friday off!  Yay!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment