Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Monday with nothing - but we did have dinner out!

Hi,

Toby remembered to get off the bus at 3.50pm in town!  Hooray!  I had visions of Mike jumping in a taxi and chasing the bus.  Like his some time morning routine, but in some bizarre reversal.  Toby did his homework at our work and went to his dental appointment.

Then, afterwards, they called me and said they wanted dinner in town.  Choice!  It was pelting rain so the idea of not riding home in the rain and having tea in town instead and taking the bus home sounded very appealing.  We went to Portofino on the waterfront and I had a great calamari meal.  Toby had pizza and Mike had chicken.

Bus ride home in the rain.  Evening routine into gear.  Off to bed.  Slept like a log really.

This morning is Mike's dental appointment.  Hahahah.  He is there now.  Probably making my dental appointment too (I need a normal check up).

Tonight we have Joe around for tea.  He is a work colleague that I know from my last work (and this one).  And he is leaving this weekend to go and live in Melbourne!  Good on him!

Have a great day.  The weather is pants here.  The skies are dark and foreboding.  The weather forecast is for the worst snowstorm in twenty years by Thursday down south.  Typical.  The year we decide not to go down south for a ski week they have the biggest dumps in years.  The front should be on Wellington by Friday.  Bit worried now about my bike ride over to the Wairarapa on Saturday morning.  My suggestion to Andrew is to check bike routes through the Manawatu.  Might be the only way we get there!

Have a marvellous day!  I need a tea.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment