Monday, June 10, 2013

The weekend with the best Saturday

Hi,

What a great weekend.  Friday night came together in a symphony orchestrated by luck than anything else, but it worked perfectly.  Mike left work early for his tramping trip to Mt Hector (he had the van to drive up).

I got home, collected Toby, got him changed and picked up our overnight gear.  We have a door for our deck!  It looks amazing.

Doors!

By this time Andrew was ready for pick up at his work  and in the final master stroke, Sally arrived by taxi from the airport at the same time.  We all drove home together via the chippie in Moera.  Had tea, and then Toby and I snuggled into sleeping bags and watched The Incredibles.

Andrew got up early (5am!) to head off for a day tramp and I eventually got up and got ready for my day.  Sally had agreed to look after Toby for the day after an unexpected commitment from Mike for this tramping weekend.  I drove back home and put a wash on and did a few things before heading out to the day spa to meet Aidan.

Doors in the daylight.  Yes - I am rather taken with the doors.


Aidan was already there drinking the peach/ginger tea (yuck - "Yes, I'll have a glass of water please".  They have odd tea choices there) and we soon went in for our pedicure.  This is just an excuse for someone to play with my feet for an hour.  I'd pay anyone anything to do that!  And this is pretty cool.  They use something that looks like a cheese grater (with a finer side than any cheese grater I own, mind you!) and rub a crystalised sugar into your feet.  And massage with oils and soak in lovely warm water.  I like this lark!  Choosing polish is merely something to be endured.  I chose red again.  Aidan chose a girly pink because unlike my feet, her feet will be on show a lot over the coming weeks.  She's off to summer in the northern hemisphere (family event and work event).  So her toes have to match a wide variety of outfits.  Sure, sure.  She just wanted girly pink!

After that pampering we went to the recycle clothes shop in Petone and I wandered around getting in her way but holding the clothes she wanted to try on.  She was keen for dresses, but ended up with trousers.  Go figure!

By now I was hungry!  We went out to Eastbourne and to Cobar.  I quite like Cobar.  They have a stunning view and the food is pretty good.

What to have?  Aidan wanted the first thing she read.  Then the second thing.  Then the...  Well, it was a good menu.
I had steak and Aidan had a lovely salmon.  I think she won that round!  Mine was tasty though.  We shared a cheese board.  Well, we ordered a cheese board to share.  I ended up eating most of it and it tipped me over the edge to bursting.  Hahahah.

Back to the car via the pier and a shot of our toes against the backdrop of an overcast Wellington.

Nice toes.  Nice bird.
I drove Aidan home and had a cup of tea.  Caught up with Josh and the boys and watched while they had their haircuts.  They all look very handsome now!

Back to Sally and Andrew's house to hear about the movie (they saw Fast and Furious 6) - Toby has declared it in his top ten list.  Hahahah.  I hope his taste improves over time!  :-p  Sally said it was just all about driving fast and explosions so I guess I see the appeal to a ten year old.

I got sucked into Sally's couch and we ended up watching home movies of her and Vivienne when they were young.  Such fun.  Toby loved the ones with Mike in them (not many in that selection).

I eventually took Toby home and we watched a movie (Electra) and went to sleep.  Next morning I found out the tramping club family walk had been cancelled due to rain and they would no longer be coming for afternoon tea.  Yay!  I pretended to tidy the house (some of it got done) and listened to music.

Mike got back early from his tramp and I went to collect him just before 1pm from the ferry terminal (that's where the van is stored) and went home to cook lunch.  Toby asked William over to play and Mike did some work around the house.

Sunday afternoon disappeared and ironing took front stage.  Sigh.  Toby was chatting to friends on Skype so I put headphones on and bopped away to music while I ironed.  I was told to stop singing!

Toby doesn't like tortellini


Mike got another migraine at the end of our bath.  It's a shame for him.  Especially as this is his birthday month and his birthday at the end of this week.  He has sworn off coffee and alcohol for a month.  Boo for him.  But, as his birthday is on Sunday and the deck doors are in, we're having a deck warming party on Saturday night.  Come around.  Say 6pm.  And drink the beer Mike can't drink!

And today is Aidan's actual birthday - I hope she has a great day.  She's flat out with work, so no chance to relax and enjoy her day.  Don't tell anyone, but it is a significant birthday as well.  She's all grown up now.  Hahahah!

Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment