Monday, June 17, 2013

The weekend with Mike's birthday!

Hi,

Well, you may have noticed I was off work on Friday.  Toby was sick so I stayed home to look after him.  I rather suspect it was more a mental health day for him more than anything.  But he might have a touch of something because he slept for 12 hours till Saturday morning.

Mike got home Friday night and we ate Burger Wisconsin.  Apparently the few Fridays I left Mike and Toby alone recently meant they have instigated a "Burger Wisconsin" Friday night.  Aha.  We shall see.

Saturday we were up early.  Well, earlyish.  I went into town to meet Christine for breakfast at Drexels while Mike loaded up a trailer with our rubbish.  When I got back from brekkie, Toby and I helped for quite a few hours filling the trailer up.  I trimmed the ivy and Mike got all the wood up from below the deck.  The house looks pretty good right now.

Saturday night we relaxed in front of the rugby.  Go the All Blacks.  30 - 0 drubbing of the French.  Made up for the last time I watched them play and hid in the Tabor kitchen too scared to watch.



Lunch is served
Sunday morning I got up early to put lunch on (slow cooker stew) and make Mike a yummy breakfast in bed for his birthday.  He made himself a cake, popped it in the microwave and then left me all alone in the kitchen.  Surely a bad sign.  The microwave dinged, I looked at the cake.  It looked pretty good.  I took it out.  I used the microwave for my things.  I took the cake out of the mould and let it cool.

Cake cutting
Mike eventually came back to the kitchen after guests had arrived for lunch only to be horrified to see the cake out.  Apparently he had only cooked it for the half the time.  Right, right.  Looked okay to me.  Anyhow he nuked it more and after I iced it, it was still edible.  It's all gone any way.

Overflow into the lounge
Lunch was great fun.  Christine and wee Tom even came around to join the family fun.  We had a good old chat and Mike got some good presents.

Eventually we were left to ourselves.  Although not after I committed to another huge bike ride this coming weekend with Andrew.  Sally, Mike and Toby will be support crew and we'll stay at the Solway Park hotel in Masterton.  Toby has wanted to stay there since Grandy took him there a few years back.  I can't wait - it is going to be fun.  Mountain bikes for the incline over the hill, then road bikes to Masterton.

Did the ironing in front of television.  Off to bed.  The end of Mike's birthday!  Another year for the next one!

Have a wonderful week.  We have shabby weather here in New Zealand.  Snow down south though!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment