Friday, June 7, 2013

The Thursday with packing

Hi,

I rode home after work and Mike was dishing up dinner just as I walked in.  I love the house husband routine!  How pleasant.

We ate a scrummy dinner of homemade burgers and then Mike and I put off packing for ages while we chatted at the dinner table.  Eventually I got too impatient and started packing.  Mike gathered all his gear together in a pile and put off packing until this morning.

Great sleep and great morning.  Everyone was chipper.  Maybe the absolutely gorgeous morning had something to do with that.  No wind, blue skies.  The sort of day that makes you want to sing!

We got Toby out the door and Mike flung his gear in his pack and we left too.  Mike had the WTMC van to drive into work.  So I got a ride with him.  Tonight I'll go collect Toby, get him changed, pick up our gear and go and spend the night with Sally.  Fish n chip night I think!  Not sure if Andrew is around or not.

Tomorrow I get to spend a lot of the day with Aidan.  It's her birthday on Monday (and a significant one too!).  So I have a day planned that hopefully she'll enjoy.  Starts with feet, has her stomach covered (lunch!) and hopefully she avoids hearing me sing as we drive around in the car.  Fun!

Mike will be leaving work early to collect trampers and drive up Otaki way for a weekend in the Tararuas.  Mt Hector is in his sights - if the weather co-operates.

Time for tea!

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment