Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Monday with Aidan hooning through her defence

Hi,

Had a good day yesterday, despite Toby being at my work all day.  He was so good - just sat there and played on his iPad, or on my spare laptop.  Turns out he has a limit to the amount of YouTube videos he can watch in a day.  Hahahah.  I bet he thought it was unlimited.  No, it's not.  It's quite capacious.  But not limitless. The receptionist messaged me to say a parcel was in reception for me and would I come down or would my minion come down for me.  He went.  Great delivery service.

Toby hiding at the Backbencher

After work we went to The Backbencher for dinner.  Sally and Andrew joined us and we ate and chatted.  Toby had cabin fever from being inside at my work all day so he ran around Parliament and climbed John Key's trees.  Eventually we left there after a nice meal (even Andrew wasn't too scathing).  Sally and Andrew left for the station and Mike and I collected Toby from Seddon's statue.

We walked back to work as I had left some stuff there and I wanted to ride my bike home.  As we crossed the lights at the corner of The Terrace and Bowen, the taxi waiting for the lights started tooting at us.  By this stage it was about 7.25pm and there weren't a lot of people around.  Turns out it was Aidan and Jackie in the taxi heading to the train station to go home.  Aidan had finished her defence and it had gone well.  And everyone had come in to support her when it was done.  She was awfully excited!  Good on her.

Wellington is a funny wee place.  You bump into people.  Who would have said that we would time our exit from the pub, with an amble across parliament to the intersection on Bowen with Aidan coming back from her house after showing Jackie it?  Fluke.  Nice though.

Back to work and Mike grabbed some stuff for me and Toby and Mike caught a taxi home.  I rode home and really enjoyed it.  No traffic.  Lots of fun.

This morning it is lovely.  Warm here.  And I loved the bike ride in.  Pedalled like mad.  I needed to get a release done before work.  But with the school holiday programme not kicking in until tomorrow (despite advertising 9th to 13th), I am working from home today.  Mike will come collect me soon and swap.

Have a lovely day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment