Monday, December 23, 2013

The weekend with garden madness

Hi,

Friday night had a lovely ride to the Tabors new place with pizza dinner.  I thought I might be a wee bit faster the second time, but it was the same time.  The route to their house is actually far better than my normal one because it is so gradual compared to my steep one.

Saturday we tackled the house and garden for a rather late spring clean.  Mike was a machine and now any visitors can get to the front door without being issued a machete to hack away the vegetation.  I really should have taken a before and after photo.

In other news, our cat from two years ago has come back.  We suspect her current "owners" (I use that term loosely) are away on holiday.  So after a week of having her around, we have relented and bought cat food.  Mike and Toby were in the garden on Sunday afternoon and watched her pounce on a lizard and eat the whole thing.  I am horrified and amazed.  Amazed because I am sure she is half blind.  And horrified that if she can inflict damage on wildlife, what are fully functioning cats doing to the creatures around them?

Monday morning is lovely here in Wellington.  My ride in was wonderful.  I left Toby sleeping soundly and Mike surfing the internet.  Almost not any different from a normal day, except they won't be rushing around like mad things for the last 30 mins trying to get out the door.

Duncan and Emerson are coming to play today - and have a sleepover.  Should be fun for Toby.

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment