Friday, December 13, 2013

The Thursday with Toby's birthday

Hi,

Toby said (when I collected him from the school holiday programme) that he had the best birthday ever.  And to think he was asking why he had to attend the holiday programme on his birthday.  Hahah.  The chap that runs it has his birthday today (13th) so he had a cake to celebrate both their birthdays yesterday.  That was very nice of him.  It made Toby's day.

Lunch at Rahzoo with Hayley
Mike and I caught up with Hayley before she leaves for the UK for Christmas.  She has settled in nicely and work has already kicked off.  We've made tentative plans for the week Toby is away with my mother for some nights out on the town.

I do like Rahzoo's iced coffee.  A consistent performer.


I went to collect him after my busy afternoon stopped being busy at around 4pm (yes, the problem got solved - nothing like a reboot to sort things out).  Mike was shattered by the end of the day so he took Toby home on the bus and I rode home.

Mike got Burger Wisconsin in and then Christine and Tom came for a sleepover, so we added to the order and Christine picked it up on the way over.  Toby and Tom had a great time together before bed, and Mike introduced Christine to the wonders of awful YouTube videos.  Hmmmm.  Not sure that was a great step forward.

I absolutely slept like a log.  Possibly even before the light went out.  In fact, I think I may have woken up when Mike gently prised my Kindle out of my hands.  But it was merely a blip in the coma.

Nice ride in this morning.  Dry roads - the wind has got up a bit though and it is supposed to rain later.  No longer Toby's birthday.  But still birthday week!

We have a work social club BBQ tonight.  Should be fun - especially if the weather holds off.

The weekend is chock full of exciting things.  Lunch at the new Tabor house tomorrow (will check that is still needed), drop Toby off there, get back home and get into our elaborate costumes and attend the work Christmas party.  Sunday we have brunch at a Mexican place at 11am, followed by The Hobbit.  I've read this movie is better than the first.  Can't wait to see it.  Mike is then going on a special tramp with Andrew.  A tramp involving fit, medium and easy trampers.  You join it when you think the pace will match you.  It involves a few craft breweries around Wellington.  I am highly dubious.  Hence I am happy they get a big lunch at La Boca Loca before the movie.

Have a fantastic weekend.  I will!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment